Cleaning bottles

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littledolly Posts: 393
Hopefully someone can advise me on this! I am using the Dr Browns bottles and have an Avent steriliser which is all fine. However, I just want to know is it OK to wash the bottles in the dishwasher before I put them in the steriliser, rather than having to hand wash each individual bit? I know I can't put the teats in the dishwasher, but do any of you know if it is OK to put all the other bits of the bottle through the dishwasher every evening to save some time? I know the Dr Brown bottles are American, and in the US they put everything in the dishwasher, but would just appreciate some advice on this one....... Thanks
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
You have to wash them first.... :ooh :-8 :-8 Obviously im no help,sorry :-8
Ducky Posts: 2506
Hiya Answered you in Mums section xx
Ducky Posts: 2506
:o0 :o0 :o0 Dora.. Yes love, you rinse all the bits out under the tap, then you fill basin with as hot as you can bear water and washing up liquid and scrub the lot with a bottle brush. Then you rinse with cold water and then put in steriliser!!! Pain in the you know what but you do it in your sleep after a while... And Dr Brown's have extra bits to wash...worth it though if you have colicy baba
bellabella Posts: 2750
[quote="Ducky":3keaovpb]:o0 :o0 :o0 Dora.. Yes love, you rinse all the bits out under the tap, then you fill basin with as hot as you can bear water and washing up liquid and scrub the lot with a bottle brush. Then you rinse with cold water and then put in steriliser!!! Pain in the you know what but you do it in your sleep after a while... And Dr Brown's have extra bits to wash...worth it though if you have colicy baba[/quote:3keaovpb] :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek I didn't know that, i'm pumping most of his feeds but i just put them in the sink with hot water, and then in the steriliser , oh god i feel terrible now.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
They told us in the hospital that you have to wash them first too. I think it's especially the teats where bits of milk can get encrusted. They weren't too keen on the dishwasher though. I wouldn't be either, those tablets are so corrosive, I've seen what they did to some of my saucepans :eek
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
I put all my Dr Browns bottles thru the dishwasher every second night, as we dont fill the dishwasher everyday, but not on a high setting as the rubber in the bottle parts can perish and leak etc. I always run the teats thru as I dont put it on a 90degree setting it goes on a 50degree setting and they are all fine. Every other night I do as ducky says, go thru the motions with each part and two different bottle brushes !! HTH MrsNoc