Cot Sheets

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nea dude Posts: 749
Just wondering where would you get good quality cot sheets? Can you get them with the elastic on the corners so they don't slip off? I don't want flat sheets. Baby due in Dec so I want them to be warm and soft. Also how many are recommended? I will only be getting cot, not going for moses basket. I think I read that its good to buy a minimum of 6 cot sheets to start with.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Oo cant help you but am interested in knowing myself, how many cot sheets and fitted sheets for the moses basket should I have?
totalnovice Posts: 787
I have no idea from experience but so far i have bought - 4 fitted sheets for the moses basket and 4 for the crib. Wont be using the cot till around 5-6 months but have 2 flat sheets for it, but will only buy fitted sheets from now on. Will prob buy around 6 fitted sheets.
fantac Posts: 4109
nea dude - i cant believe there is a q you dont have the answer to!!!! joking! i have 4 fitted and 4 flat sheets for the cot - i use a fitted one with a flat on top as our flat ones are nice egyptian cotton so nice to sleep on and if she dribbles etc, we only have to change the top sheet and not the whole bed if that makes any sense!
nea dude Posts: 749
Cheers snugglemuffin, even us know-it-alls need help too :o0 I really can't seem to find fitted sheets when i'm out and about. I've heard loads of people tell me that i'll be changing the bed sheets all the time, thankfully I have a dryer so i'll be able to wash and dry the same day, that is of course if I can find something to put on the bed! I've read about egyptian cotton, it's supposed to be great but a little on the expensive side?? My baby budget has been eaten up lately, it reminds me of the month before my wedding, never thought I'd spend so much money again!
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="nea dude":1o2ajfyn]Cheers snugglemuffin, even us know-it-alls need help too :o0 I really can't seem to find fitted sheets when i'm out and about. I've heard loads of people tell me that i'll be changing the bed sheets all the time, thankfully I have a dryer so i'll be able to wash and dry the same day, that is of course if I can find something to put on the bed! I've read about egyptian cotton, it's supposed to be great but a little on the expensive side?? My baby budget has been eaten up lately, it reminds me of the month before my wedding, never thought I'd spend so much money again![/quote:1o2ajfyn] you do end up changing sheets a god bit at the start thru puke and poo! my fitted sheets were from ikea - 4stg for 2 sheets and i bought a super king size eqyptian cotton sheet in house of fraser for about 30euro, cut in 4 and resewed the hems. egyptian cotton in baby shops costs a hideous amount, but it does feel lovely fer baby to sleep on. if you dont have a sewing machine, get a little alterations shop to do it, they shouldnt charge you more than 5 or 10 euro. hth :wv
SUZIE rock Posts: 21
i bought fitted cots sheets in mamas and papas at the weekend, there is an offer on 3 for 2, i got moses sheets too! mothercare might be another good place to try
firefly78 Posts: 312
HI There, Dunnes have fitted sheets for babies. 2 for 12 euro and they are 100% cotton. They also have the egyptian cotton sheets for adults too for 18 euro if you wanted to cut and sew a hem - - Great idea by the way.
alton Posts: 3077
Mothercare do cotton, flannel and jersey sheets. I don't think the flannel ones are fitted, but the rest are. I've seen a couple of posts on and off about Guineys which are supposed to much cheaper but I don't know how the quality compares.
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I bought all my sheets in Guiney's! They're the Baby Elegance brand which you see in most baby shops for twice the price! I bought 4 moses sheets (which I've since discovered don't fit my moses basket >:o( ) and 4 pram sheets! I'm just lucky that DD is not a puky baby so they don't need to be changed as much! Will have to make another trip to Guiney's soon to stock up on more!