Menu

Cow and Gate bedtime milk

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Do you reckon this is bad to give the LOs going to bed? Is an extra thick formula "to settle baby" - does that mean it forms big lumps of curd in their tummies I wonder? Just gave DS a bottle of it as he has been waking for feeds at 5 or 6 but am feeling bad now....
Perci Posts: 3847
We gave this to DS from the time we stopped the dreamfeed up until 2 weeks ago and it did him no harm. We changed back to the regular stuff because I don't think it made much difference really and it's more expensive. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it. Edited to say that it's rice flakes that they've put in it but you probably already know that.
Thanks Augusta - will let you know how it goes. Gina Forde seems to put early morning waking at this stage down to rooms not being dark enough - DS's room does get bright in the morning despite black-out lining in his curtains (light comes in around the curtain pole). Have you got this problem too?
Hiya, it's definitely not the light with DS. We have 2 layers of black binbags, under dark mahogany wooden blinds, under curtains! I do think it's hunger, we've been giving him his bottle when he wakes up and he goes back off until 7.00. He's also been eating huge portions during the day, the girls in creche are amazed at how much he eats at times and I've no idea where he puts it all (he's still below average weight-wise). I really hope it's just a growth spurt because he was wide awake at 4.45 this morning :ooh Let me know how you get on, hopefully it'll buy you a bit more time in the morning!
Hiya, Well, he slept until 10 to 7 this morning and no waking during the night! So, it was either the bedtime milk, him getting used to the room, the fact that I put a woollen blanket on inside the blinds or that the heating was accidentally set to come on at 6 (might have knocked him out, poor child!). So will repeat all minus the heating tonight and report back :o0 I think it might have been the milk though because he wasn't hungry when he woke. Also gave him quite a large tea - half a jar of a pasta dinner (have home-made bolognese for tonight), a few cheese slices, half a yoghurt and a liga - he just kept eating and would have had more! I think he might have just finished a growth spurt too because he has definitely stretched in the last month - he's in the top 10% heightweise but just above average in weight.
Well Augusta, just to let you know he went till half six this morning but he had an extra tiring day yesterday so if he goes that long tonight again that will be 3 nights in a row and I will think the milk has to have something to do with it! Hope you got some kind of lie-in this weekend!
That's great Sphynx, sounds like it's working for you alright, hopefully you'll get the hat-trick! DS is still wakening as early but the dodi's been enough to get us through until 6.30ish. The past few nights he's completely refused his bedtime bottle so that's not helping matters. He's also been needing less sleep during the day lately. He just seems to be growing up and his (our!) routine seems to be changing quite a bit. He's in great form during the day though, better than he's ever been, so I can't complain too much. Hope the longer stretch in the morning keeps up for you!