Crazy Movement and Rib Pain - Is baby ueni

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Hey girls, Have been having constant strong movement the last few days and can see my stomach actually moving. Also have really bad pains in my ribs below near my bra strap and around the back. I wonder is this baby turning or is this just the way it is from now? It was breach last week but feels more transverse today as can feel legs along the side. xx
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
I had expected that the bad would have run out of space to turn by now but I'm still getting lots of movements and judging by the hiccups the baby has been turning full circles over the course of a day or two. I haven't had discomfort from the baby being up in my ribs but I find that if I sit for periods of time I get pains in my ribs (front and back) at bra strap level. I've had to stop wearing a bra altogether :-8 .
bobby2012 Posts: 644
From my experience, it is simply the baby turning and the baby kicking, perfectly normal. Whether it'll be like this from now on, it's entirely up to him/her. The only thing I will say is that when the baby is strong and decides to persistently kick your lungs, it can lead to pretty bad consequences. I didn't even realize that it was my lungs my daughter was kicking for the last few months, even though I'm asthmatic my body somehow over compensated and I had no problem breathing, just felt rib pain. But when she was born and it no longer had to susstain her, my body turned on me and for 3 months (!) I could barely talk or breathe, I was eating inhalers whereas normally I would barely touch one. Had xrays, saw GP, no one knew what was wrong. Went away on its own eventually when my lungs recovered. What I'm saying is (and hopefully it is not what's happening to you), just be prepared that you might feel the pain of it even after you give birth...
sweetbubbles Posts: 377
Its all par for the course lovethesite, basically the pain your feeling in your ribcage is the muscle tissue (intercostal muscles) between the rib bones being strained by the baby. I've been getting a bit the last week or so, but I find leaning to one side (opposite side to pain) and massaging the area pushes baby on a bit eases the pain.