Different Flower?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsdribbles Posts: 431
Hi Guys!!! Ive looked for threads on this, but I cant seem to get any! Anyway, Im getting married Next Year 2011, in the summer. Im not really a flower girl and I had thought about lillies, however, a few people have said to me they remind them of funerals (thanks a million guys... :o( ) so now they are reminding me of funerals and Im not liking them anymore. H2B said "sure pick roses, they are the safest" and I agree, but Im still not sure! I met with a wedding decorater yesterday and he was saying white and yellow roses, im not overly gone on them. But I googled them but put in "flowers" instead of roses and .....Daisies came up! Straight away, I fell in love with the Idea!!!!! There are BEAUTIFUL bouquets out there for daisies!!! I loved it because the first thing that came to mind was making daisy chains on my granny's farm!!! However Im just wondering has any wollies seen/heard/ have an opinion on Daisies as wedding flowers! Im copying and pasting a link to a nice BM bouquet I saw!! Mum and H2B love the idea also! and they've said its up to me!!!! Please help!!! :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk
katiecaboom Posts: 831
They're beautiful! Haven't heard of it before but I'm sure it happens esp if there are photos online. On the lillies subject loads of people have said to me the same thing but I dont care lilles are my favourite flower so thats what I'm having-calla lillies though
mrsdribbles Posts: 431
thanks lilololly!!! they really were my fave too!! how can people say that to you about your wedding!?!?! Such a comparison!!! I was really annoyed!!! O:| meanies!!!! have you all your flowers thought about!?
bangel Posts: 2285
They are beautiful, they are called gerbera daisies (or just gerberas) and come in loads of different colours, I am having them in my bouquet and in the church. Best of luck with it.
chipsticks Posts: 283
My sis got married on Friday & had Calla Lillies, they were fab & there was no way any one was thinking of a funeral on the day. Its your day, have it your way :thnk
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I LOVE gerbera daisies and am having them for ours :o)ll Something like this: [img:2pnnl63k]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv349/DCee_photo/Flowers.jpg[/img:2pnnl63k] Bm's bouquets will be orange (dresses same colour as in pic) and mine will be a mixture of colours - orange, dark blue/purple, pink & white! I love lots of colour and just think they are so summery!! Here's more: [img:2pnnl63k]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv349/DCee_photo/GerberaBouquets.jpg[/img:2pnnl63k] Go for them if "you" love them O-O
hands Posts: 152
It is up to you afterall your paying for them but.... I think daisys are beautiful wedding flowers trying searching the knot.com they have lots of photos with daisy weddings plus if they have and added advantage of fond memories i'd say go for it plus i think they are less pricey that roses
Excited2010 Posts: 777
They are lovely, also love those fab mad colour bunces as well. I had seen this one and thought it was so simple and cute [img:144lrkuq]http://www.links2love.com/love/romance/wedding/daisy_small2.jpg[/img:144lrkuq]
havemovedon Posts: 2013
Think about your dress and the shape of it. Sounds mad but it's not! I had an idea in my head of sunflowers and gerberas but when I met with my florist and told her about my dress, she suggested calla lilies. My dress is very plain and slinky, falls straight from the waist and as she said, a 'roundy' flower would look odd with a straight dress. To keep it all linear, calla lilies would go better and she was dead right. So think about the whole look, the dress, hair, veil etc. Mine is all simple, kinda grecian and streamlined so looks better than what I had been initially considering.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Sounds like we will have similar dresses Rioja but Im still sticking to my gerbera's - Im not that fussy if my round flowers dont suit my slinky dress :o0 I've never actually heard of that before :o0