Do you wear ...?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dulux Posts: 330
your engagement ring all the time? I've had mine for 8 months amd wear it most of the time and I was looking closely at it at the weekend and one of the stones seems to have fallen down in the setting IYKWIM. I took it to a local jeweller (not the one I bought it from-I had it made) and he said yeah it's sitting at an angle now. He said it won't fall out and it's not a major deal to fix it (but it involves a huge round trip for me to bring it back to original jeweller). I'm so disappointed my poor ring's not perfect anymore! :o(
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
yup i wear my rin g most of the time but it was missing for 6 weeks and i found it other day. sorry your ring isnt perfect anymore but the sentiment behind it still is :thnk so cherish it and next time when you are passing orig jeweller drop in
MrsH2Boct07 Posts: 274
I used to wear it all the time but I've lost a bit of weight and now have to take if off for swimming and aquacise, I go staright there from work so it freaks me out thinking of it sitting in a 20p locker! One of the claws is a bit skewed now so one of the diamonds is on a bit of an angle but I think it adds to the charm. If you had to look very closely to see the problem I'd leave it.
Yoda Posts: 3340
I don't wear it as it is a bit loose ( ring is 5 years old ) but when I got my wedding ring a couple of weeks ago once the two rings are on the e - ring is ok as it has moved up the finger a bit so no need to adjust it Still prob. will not wear when at work as sometimes handling food and think hiting the e - ring off meat is gross :wv
Mrs Snuffleupagus Posts: 554
I take mine off if Im cleaning or cooking or doing any sport. Mainly because its WG and Im sure it can only take a certain amount of wear and tare. Dont want to be going to jewellers to get it plated every 6 months. Im like you MrsH2BOct07 - If I have to leave it in the locker in the pool I freak out!! I would bring the ring back to the jewellers to get fixed if I was you Dulux. I would jusst be worried that it could fall out. But then Im a little paranoid ;o(
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Only take it off when cleaning or sports otherwise I wear it all the time. Would feel naked without it now. :-8
Huggles Posts: 1108
Yep, never take it off. It feels weird!! :wv
augbh Posts: 169
I couldnt dream of taking it off. I have it on 24/7 since we got engaged in March. If you notice something wrong with your ring, it will always niggle at you. No matter how much effort, I know I'd go and get it fixed. It's like your favourite designer jeans...but the zipper breaks...you're gonna get it repaired!
ohsohappybride Posts: 3476
I never take mine off either. :lvs
TM2007 Posts: 178
Never take it off ! ! After the honeymoon now I've a lovely big white mark on my finger