doppler

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

missybride Posts: 304
hi girls, i know many of u have invested in a doppler. which would u recommend and can u buy online? thanks :)
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
I got the angelsounds one on ebay and it arrived today. Found baby's heartbeat in a few minutes, it was fantastic :lvs :lvs :lvs I had bought the Summer branded one in Mothercare initially but it says INSIDE the packaging O:| that it's not suitable for use until 21 weeks so I brought it back and got a refund.
Maria1983 Posts: 390
I used angelsounds as well and got it on ebay for fairly cheap. It worked brilliantly. One thing I'd reccommend: if you're getting one, don't fall for these "must have" gels as they're a waste of your money. baby oil (or any oil for that matter) does the same job.
missybride Posts: 304
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
I'm 17 weeks and found heartbeat with no major problem, bit of perserverance and moving around needed. Packaging says angelsounds can be used from 14 weeks. If you order on ebay you will prob be over 15 weeks by the time it arrives anyway.
Maria1983 Posts: 390
[quote="missybride":14m6wzs8]thanks :) do i think i could use it now at 15 weeks?[/quote:14m6wzs8] I'd say you can. Just go very very low and you should find it. :)
bubblybaby Posts: 98
We got angelsounds aswell on ebay! You should be able to hear it at 15 weeks :wv I got it at 9 weeks and i loved listening to its little heartbeat clear as day...until the nurse told me that i was actually listening to my own for weeks :-8 Yours will be much slower than your babys...babs is like galloping horses! :wv
blondiechick Posts: 1641
I got mine from Ana Wiz.com Pricey but the same one as the GP uses. Really easy to pick up the heartbeat and a great reassurance. I'd strongly recommend it.