Dress for Wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

keabea Posts: 148
Hey girls After several weeks trying unsuccessfully to locate a dress for a wedding. Anyone recommend any good maternity shops online or in the city centre I could try? Preferably I'm looking for a maxi dress, will be 17 weeks so prob don't necessarily need to buy maternity. Anyone see any nice maxi dresses out there? Thanks
Honeypop Posts: 99
I was looking on ASOS at lunch and they have fab maternity dresses - loads of maxis and lovely colours. I loved their stuff when I was pregnant on DS and they deliver really quickly too!
jewellb Posts: 2389
there is a shop somewhere in dublin that hire out maternity dresses for special occasions i saw it on ireland am or expose, my friend got a fab dress from it cant rem the name but maybe google can help!! :lvs
The Blue Sylph Posts: 397
I got a nice maxi dress in M&S - they have some lovely ones at the moment. Also saw some maternity maxi dresses in New Look at the weekend that looked quite flattering. There is more variety online though, and it's easier than trailing through shops when you're pregnant! Only downside is not being able to try stuff on but most maternity stuff is stretchy or adjustable, and cut to fit different shapes. I just looked at the ASOS stuff and there are some really nice dresses there.
The Blue Sylph Posts: 397
[quote="jewellb":15a8chmc]there is a shop somewhere in dublin that hire out maternity dresses for special occasions i saw it on ireland am or expose, my friend got a fab dress from it cant rem the name but maybe google can help!! :lvs[/quote:15a8chmc] [url] http://www.stylemama.ie/[/url] I forgot about them!! :wv
Sassypants Posts: 4461
Nelo Maternity in Dublin have a small but nice range. My friend bought my bridesmaid dress there recently and it's lovely for a wedding, I'd wear it as a guest too. Bit pricey but if you think you'll get the wear out of them then it's fine.
Nov Bridie 09 Posts: 967
I hired a dress from stylemama on sat! Fab service, something to suit everyone! I'm only 9 weeks but with number 2 I swear I look 20 weeks!