Educating Baby

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Barbalou Posts: 1617
Just came across this and wondered what do you think? [url:c3ftdeu2]http://www.minti.com/parenting-advice/177/Educating-your-baby-in-the-womb--is-it-possible/[/url:c3ftdeu2] Can education start to early Barbs
HAPPYBEE Posts: 118
Hi Barbs :wv I have this at home and will start the ‘programme’ at 18 weeks. I’m 16.5 now. My sister used Baby Plus for her two kids and has given it to me. She feels that it benefited her two as they are good sleepers, eaters..etc I have read all the stuff about it and reckon ‘why not’ ??? Going to give it a go anyway ! HAPPYBEE
We're hoping to start the Glenn Doman method once born, maybe not completely hardcore more at baby's pace and concentrate on the social side too, so was looking for something to compliment that. [url:lsq3xruo]http://www.gentlerevolution.com/index.html[/url:lsq3xruo][/url]
HAPPYBEE Posts: 118
Hiya :wv I think it is really good to have a plan in place for when baby is born. Hopefully it will make things easier ! I qualified as a Montessori Teacher years ago and have worked with children for 7 years. I am really interested in early child development and believe that the early years are so important. I will be using the Gena Ford routine with a bit of Maria Montessori thrown in. I have helped my sister with her two kids and they are great. The eldest is 2.5yrs and is so independent already. Hope all my plans will fall into place come next January. Knowing me I will probably have the devil child and won’t be able to manage at all :o0 :o0 :o0 !!! HAPPYBEE
pattie Posts: 2379
[quote="Barbalou":qajh6lb1]We're hoping to start the Glenn Doman method once born, maybe not completely hardcore more at baby's pace and concentrate on the social side too, so was looking for something to compliment that. [url:qajh6lb1]http://www.gentlerevolution.com/index.html[/url:qajh6lb1][/url][/quote:qajh6lb1] Is that the flashcards and all that? My mother used to do those cards with me, I thought it was kind of a 70s fashion that had died out. I remember seeing a programme about his school and all the kids were geniuses. Is that method still popular then? What do you do besides flashcards?
Flash cards is part of it but it's more continuous education and just throwing everything at them. Going to concentrate on one aspect first though. I know someone who did this and their child got their masters at the age of 21. Even though she was the youngest in her class she was just as mature and very well rounded.
pattie Posts: 2379
I must google it and learn more. I'd forgotten all about that, I remember watching the programme and being so impressed.
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
Im up to almost anything... :o0 I bought a musical toy a months ago and play it on the tummy a few times a day. I started reading fairy tales to her at night when I'm in bed and I also play every now & then classical music... and what I'd like to try is teaching her sign language from 9 months onwards - as they can start to communicate much easier with sign language to us than with actual words.. She will also be raised bi-lingual - and when I'm on my own I already speak to her in my mother tongue. So hopefully with all that - she'll be a genius.. :o0 :o0 :o0
OHHH the baby signing saw meet the fockers AGAIN two weeks ago and it got me thinking about that, I wonder if there are any classes in Dublin?
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
[quote="Barbalou":4nwd85oz]OHHH the baby signing saw meet the fockers AGAIN two weeks ago and it got me thinking about that, I wonder if there are any classes in Dublin?[/quote:4nwd85oz] that was acutally the first thing which popped to my mind too - when i saw it.. :o0 I dont know if there are some classes in Dub' but I know over here it's only in London which is too far away for me so I hope I can find a book about it somewhere.