Father at 12 years old

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridetobe2011 Posts: 154
hey Did anyone see todays paper The Irish Sun where the little 12 year old became a father to a little baby girl. I cannot understand how the parents off both side were calm about it. Did these 2 not receive a sex education course in school as he mentions in the paper it was a one night stand and he didnt realise the consequences. I hope he knows how expensive a child can be as i have a little fella myself
Milis in disguise Posts: 727
I suppose the parents have had a bit longer to get used to the idea, and that's why they are coming across as calm. If he's 12 now, chances are he was 11 when the baby was concieved -I wouldn't imagine there's too mcuh of that covered in primary school :o(
yeah i suppose. seen picture of 3 of them in paper he looks so inmature compared to his girlfriend. there is a comment by the writer in the paper about how he looks like a happy new brother holding his little sister. he gets 10 pounds a week pocket money i shall hope that will increase
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
I'm just disgusted by that report. Those kids won't last 5 minutes together and can't look after themselves let alone a baby. What kind of future does that baby have, I'm going to get slated for saying this but the kindest thing would have been to have her adopted.
Dont agree with getting the little one adopted even though i know where your coming from. Lets hope their families are behind them both cause i shall hope no employer will employ them at their age.
Delish Posts: 4176
more than likely the baby will be reared by it's grandparents, and the parents will adopt older sibling roles. They just can't be ready/able for it. At least both sets of parents seem to support their own children. What a shocker all the same!!
just from reading the article I didn't get the impression that the grandparents are in the strongest position either, living on benefits, jobless, 6 kids already in the girls house and the boys father has 9 kids. I just don't feel for the situation they're in that any of them are in a good position to give that baby the start in life she needs. I know not everyone can have a perfect start in life but none of them seem to be good role models, financially capable etc. Just my opinion :-8
Betsy May Posts: 2168
Mrs..D - I agree 100% with you. The fact that they appear to have been quick off the mark to sell the story to the Sun ("with more amazing exclusive pictures in tomorrow's edition") just reinforces it for me.
It's just so sad to see this happening. especially when they are so young and still at school.
[quote="Betsy May":2i9ys0qv]Mrs..D - I agree 100% with you. The fact that they appear to have been quick off the mark to sell the story to the Sun ("with more amazing exclusive pictures in tomorrow's edition") just reinforces it for me.[/quote:2i9ys0qv] Yep and how long til that money runs out and they discover that a tenner pocket money doesn't go very far. Wouldn't even buy a game for his playstation let alone nappies etc.