Favours or no favours that is the question?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Unichick Posts: 1004
Hi girls, just wondering who's having favours and who isn't! I've decided against.
papillon Posts: 1305
not for me. don't really see the point of them
skittles Posts: 1312
not for me either.waste of money imo.
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
We are not having any favours either i think they are a waste of money. i would prefer to buy a round of drinks from the bar for all our guests instead.
hot lips Posts: 453
I think certain favours go down very well. We are having 2 chocs and have to say any wedding I was at guests were delighted with them :o0
August08bride Posts: 139
I agree, many are just left behind and forgotton about. We did get favours though, but it was a donation to savethechildren.org so at least the money wasnt wasted on rubbish and went towards something worthwhile, but still gave favours ifyswim
sweet cheeks Posts: 1119
total waste of money i think too, but i got 100 little boxes for $30 and i'm putting little sweets in them. I wont have one for everyone, just gonna put a few round the tables. They cost very little, put i love putting them together.
Roz Posts: 588
No, we are not having any. We have decided to donate money to charity instead.
lryan01 Posts: 11
We are having favours, little box of chocs. They were very little money wise and although I can understand why people see it as a waste of money, I think it's a very nice touch.
bubblyblonde Posts: 1353
We have decided against them (but that could change again)