Flippin ebay!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TracyBarlow Posts: 943
Saw a lovely dress from M&S thats not available on the website, so im assuming its not in the shops anymore either, it was my size, no bids, only a few hours left on the auction, so i bid the asking amount, then went about my business and had ebay countdown open(which is meant to alert me when someone else places a bid), so im surfing the net, waiting for the auction to end, got a bit distracted, then i get an alert to say id been outbid...WHEN THE AUCTION ENDED!!! O:| O:| O:| By one flippin pound!!!! And the person placed the bid a good 15mins before the end of the auction, not at the last second, so i could have put a bid in if the bloody alert had alerted me!!! aaaarrrrgggggghhhh O:| O:| O:| I hate ebay!!!! >:o( >:o(
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i know i lost stuff by 50c ozzie dollars grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
ott Posts: 3920
eBay has become really unreliable lately I've found. You know when you're watching something and they're meant to send you a "don't miss" email when there's 24 hours to go? Sometimes get them, sometimes don't. It's so annoying O:| Hope it the dress shows up again on eBay for you!
nix1 Posts: 374
you have an option of entering a max bid so if someone else bids and you get outbidded it will keep outbidding them automatically until it reaches your max.
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
Yeah, i know you can enter a max bid, but ive noticed sometimes that can really bump up the price of an item as some pleb tries to outbid your max bid, which i hate.
Bakeswife Posts: 1098
Girls I swear by esnipe - if you notice on ebay everytime you enter a bid then someone else counter bids etc etc basically you are just increasing the bid for everyone - instead go onto esnipe - put in your maximum bid and then esnipe automatically goes in in the last few seconds of the auction and bids on it it for you - it will only go as high as it needs to go and it will never go over what you've set out as your highest bid - I have used esnipe for yrs and won so many auctions thankfully with it....worth a try... :o)ll