flying to vegas

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybean Posts: 10364
anyone know which airlines?
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
try http://www.americanholidays.com/content ... index.html they search a number of airlines :wv
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
I'm going to Vegas in July and flying with Air Lingus. They stop in NY and the overall time is fairly good compared to other airlines. Booked it through americanholidays.com
workingmom Posts: 3429
You can fly direct to SFO with aer lingus, and then get a connector with US airways. We went through london heathrow with BA as was around paddy's day, and DH ticket was 300 euro more expensive with Aer Lingus than BA. For the trip to vegas, and for hotels, I'd reccomend travelocity, best prices on the net, believe me, I checked everywhere. We flew with US airways from vegas to SFO, had a 5 hour stopover and then back to london with BA, all booked seperately and had absolutely no problems.
rathkenny Posts: 936
Virgin fly there from Gatwick I think. :wv
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
I fly to Vegas every year and have taken most routes. By FAR the most straightforward one is Dublin-LA with Aer Lingus and LA-Vegas with any one of a number of domestic airlines - Ted, SouthWest, US Airways etc. Firstly if you fly to the US from Ireland you clear immigration in Dublin which is handy. Secondly, I find it better to get the one long flight done with instead of pissing about on two six-hour flights. It's only an hour from LA to Vegas and the flights are very regular so you won't have a long stopover. Other people will have their own opinions I suppose but having done the trip six times this route definitely works best for me!
mammybean Posts: 10364
i think i may have to do it through a travel agents, i want to be able to pay it off - i wouldnt have it all straight away. Great prices though, flights and 8 nights in the luxor in a spa suite for the 2 of us €2.5k. thinking of going in january to get married
Mrs Magnum Posts: 974
We are flying back from there in July from Our Honeymoon and are going Las Vegas to JFK - 2 1/2 hours stopover JFK to Shannon - arriving back into Shannon at 9am Flying with Delta Airlines on both flights. They worked out the cheapest at around 350.00 Euro each for both flights one way
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
[quote="Mammy Bean":24qitt98]i think i may have to do it through a travel agents, i want to be able to pay it off - i wouldnt have it all straight away. Great prices though, flights and 8 nights in the luxor in a spa suite for the 2 of us €2.5k. thinking of going in january to get married[/quote:24qitt98] I go every March and Aer Lingus usually announce a sale for travel Jan-March around November time. Last year we got return flights to LA for 350 euro, including taxes and charges. The flight from LA to Vegas was only $110 return.
workingmom Posts: 3429
Mammy Bean re the Luxor, it is really at the bottom end of the strip, and the strip is 4 miles long, just letting you know that, we thought we were central enough in the MGM signature, boy were we wrong!