Following on from the favourite restaurants post....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MSB2B Posts: 80
Anybody got any bad experiences of restaurants they'd like to share? Like...you're least favourite restaurant and why? Might be good for people to read and 'avoid at all costs'! Mine has to be the Mongolian Barbeque in temple bar.....oh God...it was AWFUL!!! Didn't have a clue what to put in my bowl and when it was mixed all together and cooked....it was repulsive!
clucky Posts: 26471
chinese restaurant in georges st - cant remember the name but we went in there one night at 6.55 we had a booking at 7 - we were told we had to be out by 8 as they had an ''important'' party coming....... I suppose we should have walked back out then and there the menus were thrown at us - we had our starters within 2 minutes of ordering and when we were finishing (not finished) our starters the main courses were brought out and left on the table - weserved ourselves and then left - no tip h2b left 50 pound on the table and to this day I hope that it didn't cover the whole meal and that we left them short
bride. Posts: 3014
Wow - I was going to post on the Mongolian BBQ as well. I found it fairly straightforward to get the bowl of food together but ffs it all tasted the same no matter how much I varied it, probably because it's all cooked on the same grill which pi*sed me right off as a vegetarian. Still, it was nice and relaxed and I'm glad I tried it.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
"Eden" in meeting house square in Temple Bar - the most over-priced, pretentious, restaurant I've ever been in. I don't mind paying money for a really nice meal, but this place was just not worth it. The staff were lovely, but the food was just weird and gross. I had rissotto with scallops, which sounded nice - untill it arrived swimming in curried olive oil with bits of burnt bacon on top! Stir clear girls!
AVENGER Posts: 4595
The bar in the Davenport which used to be really nice for bar food. The last night we went there the bill was crazy - they now charge €7.50 for a toasted cheese sandwich - two slices of white bread and not that much cheese, nothing else no garnish etc. I was livid.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
the mona list on d'olier street i think it is, is fab, gorg food and desserts. one I would stay away from is pistacchios in clondalkin. my dads italian and I found some not all of the food a bit of a let down seeing as the owners themselves are italian.
ginger nut Posts: 5989
Tiger Becs on Dawson Street Went there last week with 2 girlfriends. Asked for a jug of water but were told they "don't have tapwater" and that we'd have to have bottled - for which we were charged 6euros per bottle!! Will never darken the door of the place again, thought it was v bad value for money
bride. Posts: 3014
[quote:3esitd9m] they "don't have tapwater"[/quote:3esitd9m] That's a good one!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
[quote:17soe73w] Asked for a jug of water but were told they "don't have tapwater" and that we'd have to have bottled - for which we were charged 6euros per bottle!! [/quote:17soe73w] Maybe that's why the rice is so expensive (4.50euros per portion!!!) - they must have to cook it in bottled water if they've no tap water. Ridiculous!
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
[quote:23pi6hmq]Tiger Becs on Dawson Street Went there last week with 2 girlfriends. Asked for a jug of water but were told they "don't have tapwater" and that we'd have to have bottled - for which we were charged 6euros per bottle!! Will never darken the door of the place again, thought it was v bad value for money[/quote:23pi6hmq] As far as I'm aware this is actually illegal, once you are eating or drinking in a place they must provide you with "tap water", I'm open to be corrected if I'm wrong, could very well be!!