Foody Q - tinned crab

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Senorita Posts: 3413
I picked up a can of tinned crab meat in the supermarket by accident last week. Any ideas what to do with it? Never actually used crab (tinned or fresh) before :-8 I had a look on recipezaar.com, but as far as I can see all the recipes are for fresh crab, not tinned. Any help would be great O-O
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
A salad in this weather !
NowGone Posts: 8042
Mix it with some mayonaise (small amount - like 1 tsp) lime juice,a very finely chopped chilli and some fresh coriander. Serve with fresh crusty brown bread.
Senorita Posts: 3413
[quote="NoZilla":22cychqi]Mix it with some mayonaise (small amount - like 1 tsp) lime juice,a very finely chopped chilli and some fresh coriander. Serve with fresh crusty brown bread.[/quote:22cychqi] Ohh, nice one NoZilla :lvs
Roxanne Posts: 3201
Any recipes for fresh crab can be applied to tinned. Crab cakes maybe... mix it with mashed spud and some chopped onion and seasoning. Toss in flour, egg and breadcrumbs and fry.
Valkstar Posts: 2747
[quote="NoZilla":1pvo1v7l]Mix it with some mayonaise (small amount - like 1 tsp) lime juice,a very finely chopped chilli and some fresh coriander. Serve with fresh crusty brown bread.[/quote:1pvo1v7l] Oooh sounds gorgeous....I'll have to get some tinned crab now :-8
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
[quote="NoZilla":24m05s67]Mix it with some mayonaise (small amount - like 1 tsp) lime juice,a very finely chopped chilli and some fresh coriander. Serve with fresh crusty brown bread.[/quote:24m05s67] Yum! I'm so getting some crab meat when I do the shopping this week. [quote="Roxanne":24m05s67] Crab cakes maybe... mix it with mashed spud and some chopped onion and seasoning. Toss in flour, egg and breadcrumbs and fry.[/quote:24m05s67] Double yum. I'm a sucker for crab cakes.
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
john west white crab meat is lovely! i do the following finely chop some chilis, ginger, clove of garlic crush some rock salt and black pepper add a bit of olive oil to that mix it up get a few cherry tomatoes, red onion, mixed salad and a bit of rocket mix with your crab and pour your dressing over its really good and its a serious dinner if your trying to lose weight
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="Valkstar":2li5cdk2][quote="NoZilla":2li5cdk2]Mix it with some mayonaise (small amount - like 1 tsp) lime juice,a very finely chopped chilli and some fresh coriander. Serve with fresh crusty brown bread.[/quote:2li5cdk2] Oooh sounds gorgeous....I'll have to get some tinned crab now :-8[/quote:2li5cdk2] Fresh is quite a bit better......I :lvs fresh crabmeat.
Valkstar Posts: 2747
[quote="AnthonyHutton":3q1gkxl0]john west white crab meat is lovely! i do the following finely chop some chilis, ginger, clove of garlic crush some rock salt and black pepper add a bit of olive oil to that mix it up get a few cherry tomatoes, red onion, mixed salad and a bit of rocket mix with your crab and pour your dressing over its really good and its a serious dinner if your trying to lose weight[/quote:3q1gkxl0] Okay...going to try that one too