Menu

gel nails

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newly_wed Posts: 1039
Hi girls, I'm 6 and half weeks pregnant and was just wondering if its ok to continue with gel nails during pregnancy? I ws reading online that alot happens in the baby's development this week and to avoid manicures,pedicures,hair dyes etc this week and I'm due to get my gel refills done tomorrow - wondering if its best to leave it now! Thanks for any advice! :thnk
theoracle Posts: 7664
I have never heard about this being a problem, but ask your nail technician, they should know - if none of the chemicals used actually penetrate through the nail bed into the blood stream I wouldn't think there would be a risk - nail varnish is ok, so it is likely gel is too. However towwards the end of pregnancy you will have to give it up because you will need your nail bed to be free of anything for labour.
newly_wed Posts: 1039
Thanks a mil for the reply hu101! Will talk to my nail technician. [quote="hu101":oga9fvy2] However towwards the end of pregnancy you will have to give it up because you will need your nail bed to be free of anything for labour.[/quote:oga9fvy2] Never knew this so thanks!!!! :thnk