General Consensus? - Page 9

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
Didn't bother to vote but the thread is interesting. One person does not make a forum and the wollies here who are bemoaning the loss of mrspants/hotpants aren't saying much for their own posts if they believe her banning will lead to WOL's downfall. There's thousands of members on WOL, don't they all have valid or funny points to make too?
My Left Foot Posts: 49
[quote="My Left Foot ":bat2h9g4]Its a no win situation here. There is no point, admin already stated they wont be reconsidering, stop wasting your time with multiple threads stating the same thing.[/quote:bat2h9g4] Genegirl: Go find your right foot and walk on!!!!!! People on here are annoyed enough without you making things worse![/quote][/quote] I dont care, i am giving my opinion, and stand by it. So maybe you should walk on.
SpringChicken Posts: 666
Re-instate. If someone has a problem with posts then they should just ignore them. If Admin have a problem with posts they should delete the nuisance post - not ban the poster altogether. The forum is named [i:idogt694]Discussion[/i:idogt694] - i.e. an exchange of ideas, conversation or debate. Suppression is backward. Admin have become a lot more active in the past few weeks - why?
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
[quote="Pebbles2011":6ayclt44]correct me if i'm wrong here but can you not just add someone as a foe and then you dont see their posts??? are we adults here?? can we not decide ourselves whose posts to read?[/quote:6ayclt44] exactly! very good point, pebbles
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
There is another well known discussion Board- not wedding related- and it is heavily moderated in comparison to WOL, but it works. Posters are kept in line, no one is allowed blatantly directly abuse/attack another poster, if they do they are warned, banned for a week/month, banned from a particular board, or site banned. General guideline is to attack the post, not the poster! Maybe admin are starting to take a leaf out of theirs, and most other Discussion forums books. This forum was starting to become a bit like George Orwells Animal Farm, the animals were taking over the farm. We dont own this forum, we are members, with rules to abide by. Break the rules and you suffer the consequences.
MrsAH Posts: 3715
CC, love the new avatar :o0 At least you have a sense of humour :)
[quote="MrsAH":jzo0igav]CC, love the new avatar :o0 At least you have a sense of humour :)[/quote:jzo0igav] :thnk
MrsPatience Posts: 1147
loving your avator & signature cherrychapstick.... >:o) :o0 :o0
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote:1qb855gc]I defend myself and im a wollie with a bone , but everyone else is just making valid points?![/quote:1qb855gc] Defend yourself?? There was no need to defend yourself girl until you started throwing insults for no reason. this is not an opinion...it's just a nasty comment [quote:1qb855gc]I do feel a bit sorry for her DH/H2B, he is going to be on the receiving end of her sharp tongue if she cant let it out here[/quote:1qb855gc] This whole thread should be pulled anyway cause its only an excuse for people to come on and have a pop at Mrspants. Lois- I'm not sure that anyone is saying that the absence of Mrspants will spell the downfall of WOL!! I think people are annoyed at how controlling and mammyish this site has become. We are all adults here, we should be able to offer valid opinions without the threat of expulsion- even if the opinion to to a Supplier!
OMG, called on the phone??!!! :eek :eek :eek :eek All messing aside, thats pretty heavy stuff, ive never heard of that happening before, on any site, and im a member of lots! :eek :eek