Good baby name book???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tras Posts: 1460
Any recommendations of good baby name book?? They all seem to get bad reviews....
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I got the 40,001 baby name book. I think they are all the same to be honest.
mumof2 Posts: 3864
I gave up on baby books - I shouldn't be admitting this (a bit sad) but I take note of all the names I like on the credits on films or what I hear on TV or see in magazine - I have picked my girls name this way
silíní Posts: 4219
BUMP! Anyone know of a good one for just irish names????????????
lal Posts: 403
Silini, the A--Z-of-Irish-Names-for-Children by Diarmaid-O--Muirithe was by far the best one I came across. Its not all that long but all of the names are real names (I got fed up coming across madey up names that were no more irish than the man in the moon) It gives loads of info about each name. Makes for interesting reading even if you werent picking names!!
silíní Posts: 4219
[quote:2o8v861p]Silini, the A--Z-of-Irish-Names-for-Children by Diarmaid-O--Muirithe was by far the best one I came across. Its not all that long but all of the names are real names (I got fed up coming across madey up names that were no more irish than the man in the moon) It gives loads of info about each name. Makes for interesting reading even if you werent picking names!![/quote:2o8v861p] I have had the same experience, also on websites, these names that are supposed to be 'irish' but are totally made up! So annoying! Will def get my hands on that one!! S