Guest Book

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

eclair Posts: 243
What is the story with a guest book? Do you have it in the church or the hotel? And do you really need one, like wont guests have written messages in any cards they give? Cant remember ever signing a guest book at a wedding.
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
I am not having a guest book. One less thing to buy & worry about
AliceB Posts: 495
Our photographer does a picture of us beforehand and he mounts that in such a way as people sign around it on the day... the pic in the centre with a large white border that people sign. It is part of the package anyway and he does the pic in advance to get us used to the camera etc...
little miss giggles Posts: 672
This guestbook business is all news to be. Ive been to around 8 weddings in past few years and I've never signed one!!!
blueswallow Posts: 1244
We're not having them. I hate getting handed one at a wedding - the pressure to come up with something meaningful and witty after a few drinks and knowing the whole table will read it after you and judge you based on what you have written! :action34 It's all too much for me! :o0 Seriously, though, I don't see the point of them. We'll just keep all our cards in a nice little box.
jadem Posts: 1787
We had one and i love it.People wrote some really nice things and some very funny stuff and on the few blank pages i put in some of our weddings cards. Got it pesonalised on ebay and its something to show the grandkids
Trillian Posts: 1685
I had one my Mam picked up in one of the Hallmark shops, I think it was only about 15 euro. I didn't even notice it going around but it seems the co-ordinator at the hotel was passing it along when the coffee was served after dinner, I was delighted as there are some lovely messages.
Trixy3 Posts: 2041
I think I am going to have one...I have signed a few in the past and usually it is done at the reception....it will be nice for a keepsake :wv
Mrs Unichick Posts: 1004
I didn't bother. It seemed a waste of money. I was planning on buying one to put the cards in but never got around to it!
woggie Posts: 830
[quote="blue_swallow":3ekfqzq4]the pressure to come up with something meaningful and witty after a few drinks and knowing the whole table will read it after you and judge you based on what you have written! :action34 It's all too much for me! :o0 [/quote:3ekfqzq4] I thought it was just me felt like that LOL :o0 :o0