Heartburn

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

andypandy28 Posts: 553
Never had this with ds so it’s new for me and its killing me, so bad I can’t even sleep. Is there anything I can do about this girls, its really driving me mad.
octbride2007 Posts: 774
Hi Andypandy, I find gaviscon and milk work for me....also cold water with ice. Its a horrible feeling, isnt it!!
esmum Posts: 426
I have this too. Find LOTS of Gaviscon helps . The chewable table worked for me in the beginning but now its only the liquid that works. Its says in the books to avoid fatty spicy foods or fried foods but I swear water brings on heartburn for me some days.
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
Gaviscon is yer only man! :o0 Try to identify what might be triggering it, but during pregnancy, that's hard to do. Could you sleep propped up in a semi-sitting position with lots of pillows behind you? That will help the acid stay in your stomach instead of coming up your food pipe.
miracle_baby Posts: 798
As suggested gaviscon is the only thing you can take, I make sure I always have the chewable tablets in my handbag
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Gaviscon, rennie. Don't eat too late before going to bed, makes a huge difference, loads of pillows so you are not lying flatish, try to eat small meals and often. I get heartburn even if I eat my cereal and toast in the morning. Don't eat too spicy food either. Got it very early this time and it is getting worse. It's awful, feel sick with it.
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
Weetabix started to give me heartburn so have had to give that up :o( Loved my bowl of mushy-bix in the morning!
Finished here Posts: 2860
Pretty much everything triggers my heartburn but sometimes when i do risk spicy foods they dont how weird is that :o0 Remedies - try as the others say sleeping on your back propped up, eat small and often, avoid acidicy foods such as fruits and juices and stick instead to water or milk based drinks, try gaviscon and apples particularly red apples (the only other fruit i can eat are melons :o( ) ice cream and frozen yoghurts also help with the sore throat you can get when the heartburn can burn the back of your throat Hopefully you will not have it for the rest of the pg xx
aylala Posts: 3673
gaviscon like others said is your only man. Do you know whats weird? Before i got pregnant i always got heart burn now i expected to be killed with it but have got none touch wood but my mam has been getting it :o0 we reckon its sympathy pregnancy symptoms or something. Hope you find some relief with it soon
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
love those gaviscon tablets... they are a God-send!! I find I can get it off the weirdest things...tea, chocolate... It is horrible... never had it before I was pregnant & really feel for people who suffer from it all the time... its yuck!