Menu

Honeymoon April 2017

Go to The Honeymoon

mrsmcc2502
Mini Wolly

Re: Honeymoon April 2017

Postby mrsmcc2502 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:37 am

MrsDK2B, how long were you there for? We were going to get a swim out suite as h2bs brother and wife stayed in those rooms and they adored them but we liked the idea of being able to get waiter service at the pool and beach immediately, also I heard there was only 1 sun lounger on the patio?
We ended up going for a tropical room view as it was the same price for 10 nights tropical as 9 nights swim out suite!

Linnie, another reason we didn't go for swim out suite was that on tripadvisor people were saying that the water at th swim outs attracted mosquitos and that the higher up rooms didn't have as many mosquitos!

MRSDK2B
New Wolly

Postby MRSDK2B » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:26 pm

Hi, yeah I think you're better off having the extra night rather than the swim up - good choice. The rooms are the same no matter which you book. It's just the location that differs as far as I know. You'll definitely be down by the pool more often. Yes there's only one sun lounger by the swim up, the pool is not heated outside your room and can be quite cool and it's not very private if you have someone in the room next to you. We were so lucky we had a room at the end and no one in the next couple of rooms to us so it kinda did feel like our own private pool. It was really nice but to be honest we only used it because we felt we had to since we paid for it! You will spend all your time down by the main pool where there's an atmosphere and people handing you cocktails every 10 minutes and you'll love it!! :-)
I got bitten once by a mosquito while I was there. I'm not sure where it happened, but yes I heard they come out in the morning early or at night. And I was told to avoid areas with still water coz that's where they want to lay eggs - so perhaps that's why people say the pool attracts them. Anyway I didn't end up getting zika thank god!

sadie35
New Wolly

Postby sadie35 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Im hping to honeymoon next april too..would love mexico but with virus seems a no go?? is mauritius or maldives nicer?????

LadyB2016
Mini Wolly

Postby LadyB2016 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi Sadie

We had Caribbean Cruise and Cancun booked for our honeymoon at end of this month but our doctor recommended that we didn't travel to either place as so little is known about the zika virus. We plan to start a family within the next year so all things considered the risk was too much for us to take personally. We had travel insurance but travel insurance won't pay out unless you are pregnant at the time of travel. That said, there have been girls on here that have gone recently and come back and said there was no coverage of the zika virus in Cancun. You probably could go and be ok but I am a worrier and just wouldn't be happy taking the risk. It's really something that you both as a couple have to consider.

We are now going to Dubai and Mauritius instead. Having spoken to others that have been to both, I think there is more variety in Mauritius. Maldives is a very small island and by all accounts there is very little to do. With Mauritius we have the option to hire a car and travel around a little bit. Maldives is considerably more expensive if that's any help.

Honeymoon was the most stressful part for us as there is so much choice and your spending so much money on one holiday that you want to be happy with your choice. It's not a bad problem to have though. The world is your oyster I guess so happy honeymoon planning!

luckyducky2016
New Wolly

Postby luckyducky2016 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:21 am

Hi we are planning our honeymoon in april also. We want to go to New York for a couple of days and then on to maybe the Dominican Republic. The Carribean seamed like an obvious choice with travelling to new yourl but I am read mixed reports on the DR. Any advice appreciated? :o)ll

Amanda Moor
New Wolly

Postby Amanda Moor » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Dubaaaai*-*

Couple Photography
Amanda Moor
New Wolly

Postby Amanda Moor » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:36 pm

We were vacationing in Dubai. The holiday was organized by the Tlt Limo http://tlt.ae company.we especially liked their limo. wooow*-* Never thought I would find exemplary customer service at a car rental location, but I did. I've been lucky enough to occasionally stay at 5 star hotels and eat at 5 star restaurants but I've rarely found folks that really care about their customers.
I was flabbergasted! What amazing people they have there. It was not just one person, but it seems everyone shared a culture of caring for their customers that I have rarely found anywhere, ever.

Mia Taylor
New Wolly

Postby Mia Taylor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:27 am

We went to Barcelona, last year, and I would recommend it to everyone, but it's an active honeymoon! If you want to lay on the sandy beach with the cocktail in your hand, Maldives are the best choice!
Have a lovely time!

marianne17griffin
New Wolly

Postby marianne17griffin » Tue May 09, 2017 9:48 am

I'm also planning to visit countries for my honeymoon. Can you suggest any place

Rachel Scanlon
New Wolly

Postby Rachel Scanlon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:36 am

Hello! I am honeymooning at the end of march/first 2 weeks of April 2018. We are considering 7 night luxury beach resort in Thailand coupled with a stop in Dubai and Chiangmai. Trying to pick the beach resort has been the most difficult. We like a mix of quiet but having the facilities of restaurants/bars outside the resort too. Very confused as to where to book. Has anyone had any experience of hotels resorts in that neck of the woods? TIA

Previous

Go to The Honeymoon