How far is too far to travel.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Drummerswife Posts: 3497
As the subject says just wanna get your opinion on how far is too far to travel from Church to hotel. Most of our hotel choices are about 45 mins away and from other threads I'm now worried that's too far. Cheers.
ilovebuns Posts: 109
I think 45 min is grand. I didn't vote in the poll as our venue is an hour to hour and a quarter from the church
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
we travelled 45-50 minutes from church to venue and nobody complained i loved the drive after the church to relax with hubby :lvs
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
Thanks ladies. Ye I'm the sane looking forward to the drive with my new hubbie :-) In fairness now our fave hotels are on very good roads.
miss shimmer Posts: 453
Hello :) My hotel is approximately 50 miles from the church where Im getting married, hoping this won't be too much of an issue. Planning on putting on a bus for guests who don't want to drive on the day :)
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
Our reception venue is just over an hour away from the church. It's the one thing (for now!) I'm a bit worried about, but because we really want to get married in this particular church we're kind of tied, and this venue was the only one that was reasonably close and ticked all the boxes otherwise. We'll just have to make it worth their while when they get there! To be honest, as a guest I've often driven over 45 minutes from church to reception and it's never bothered me at all.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
For me anything over an hour would be a bit much but you will always get people who think the venue should be within 10 minutes of the Church.
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
our hotel is 45 mins from the church & at the start i was slightly worried but another part of me thinks that if its too near then more people will stay sober & drive home whereas now they might stay & party >:o)
Jawl Posts: 8881
I'd say 45 mins is about the limit of what I'd 'like' to drive. But again, I'd drive anywhere for a good friend or family member.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I think 45mins is totally acceptable these days especially if road conditions are good. Our hotel is about 30-40 mins drive and it's M50 for most.