hunger/sickness pangs

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

psawyer Posts: 121
Lads is this normal? I eat and then about an hour later I am starving again but it's not a nice hunger as there is a sick feeling with it. I can't even describe it properly but if I keep eating the way I'm going to be the size of a house and I'm only 9 weeks!!
Topolino Posts: 1659
Sounds pretty normal. This is the most important time nutritionally for your baby so eat when you feel hungry. Just try to eat healthy things. They say the best way is to eat little and often. I was actually told to eat five meals a day. Not sure if that's just with twins but you definitely need to up your calorie intake. So don't worry! Eat and be merry!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
hi psawyer - i was the same during my early pregnancy - if i got at all hungry i'd feel really sick and would actually throw up. And i found i'd have to eat every couple of hours. I found that eating things like nuts (salty cashew nuts were the best) and non-fizzy drinks like the bottled iced tea or the Snapple drinks would help. I actually found that things like carbohydrates (toast, mashed potatoes etc) would make me sicker but i think everyone is different.
roxychick Posts: 1802
Yeah I'm the same. If I get hungry at all I feel really sick. I'm a teacher though so I can't exactly be eating all the time. Morning sickness has seriously kicked in this week. Was sick all day today. It's all part of it I guess. Hopefully it goes after the 1st trimester
agie Posts: 1107
i was exactly the same, i was having about 5 breakfasts by 11 am. Its eased off now thank god, im definetly showing already though. but just keep eating as if you ignore the hunger pangs the nausea will kick in
Elliecat Posts: 2725
I'm exactly the same - still at 22 weeks!! I just take about 4 or 5 bits of fruit to work with me and constantly nibble on them throughout the morning. I find that if I allow myself to get to the hungry stage I just get tired, so I eat a bit of fruit every hour or so, seems to work ok!
newyearbabs Posts: 686
[quote="Elliecat"]I'm exactly the same I'm 24 wks I have my brekkie at 8 an actimel at 10, cup of tea a fruit at 11, and then lunch. If I don't eat like this in the morning I still get sick :hic
psawyer Posts: 121
Thank god it's normal although bizarrely I didn't feel as hungry or as nauseous today, maybe that's the sum total of my ms yeah right! It's DH's birthday at weekend and I'm going to have to force myself to dtd as the oul libido has vanished!! God love him