I have Chickenpox :-(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
As the title says I have chicken pox :o( Have been feeling crap from Sunday - aching and freezing cold and in the mornings I would be weak and feeling sick I hadn't the energy to shower yesterday. SO this morning I had 3 spots on my belly and went to the doc.. So off work now for a week.. Plus I have loads of spots now they are coming rapidly :o(...
grazia Posts: 740
you poor thing - its meant to be tough as an adult. Get better soon :thnk
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Oh nooooooooo! You poor thing :o( I still remember the horrible itch from when I had them. Stock up on Calomine or something to cool & sooth the itch a bit. Hope you feel better soon :action32
mamasarus Posts: 831
Ah you poor thing, that's awful :action32
vidia Posts: 2960
Ouch, try Pox Clin as an alternative to Calomine Lotion, it's a light mousse that's abssorbed very quickly!! Hope you feel better soon..
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Oh no! I had these in April, I got them on my honeymoon actually! They're not much fun at all and they are very itchy. THough I will say if you've had the aching and fever and not feeling well then that will go soon, that's usually at the start so that feeling yacky is almost over. Sudocrem at night is good, as is a cold compress and also the antihistamine Piriton. It's over the counter adn helps ENORMOUSLY with the itch. The itch/horriblness was gone for me in about...five days.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
you poor thing alful dose, i got em when i was 23. Make sure you take an antihistamine, works a treat for the stupid itching. O:| Feel better soon :action31
Thanks girls. I have no itching so far thankfully but spots are coming fast so will prob be scratching soon... [quote="vidia":3s44s6wz]Ouch, try Pox Clin as an alternative to Calomine Lotion, it's a light mousse that's abssorbed very quickly!! Hope you feel better soon..[/quote:3s44s6wz] Thats what the doctor recommended but the chemist was out of it. Apparently its in short supply!!! They said they would try and order it in for me this evening [quote="Smileykaz":3s44s6wz]Oh no! I had these in April, I got them on my honeymoon actually! They're not much fun at all and they are very itchy. THough I will say if you've had the aching and fever and not feeling well then that will go soon, that's usually at the start so that feeling yacky is almost over. Sudocrem at night is good, as is a cold compress and also the antihistamine Piriton. It's over the counter adn helps ENORMOUSLY with the itch. The itch/horriblness was gone for me in about...five days.[/quote:3s44s6wz] Awh no Smiley Kaz how horrible to get it on your honeymoon.. Yea hopefully it wont be too bad when I have had the aching and that for 3 days now... At least I have you woolies to keep me company
Milly83 Posts: 3620
Get off the forum before we all get it!!! :o0 I had this as a child. Can't remember it at all. Can I bring my kids over to yours? would rather they got them now than at our age! Baths are meant to ease the itching you poor pet!!! :action32
[quote="sunshiny":2hztknhw]Get off the forum before we all get it!!! :o0 I had this as a child. Can't remember it at all. Can I bring my kids over to yours? would rather they got them now than at our age! Baths are meant to ease the itching you poor pet!!! :action32[/quote:2hztknhw] :o0 :o0 :o0 I think your safe sunshiny :o0 Yea sure bring the kids over and you can carry me tea for the day :o0