I'm having a baby

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cazza1981 Posts: 451
Did the test last night and it is positive, nervous as i haven't been taking folic acid, i have polystic ovaries and thought i would be trying for years. Going to do another test or 2 this evening, and get some patches to keep off the cigs, working out on baby centre calulator about 4 weeks gone. Also have my sisters hen this weekend, what will i do so people will not notice i won't be drinking
Greece Posts: 1800
CONGRATULATIONS :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Start your folic acid straight away, you take it for the first 12 weeks anyway so dontbe worrying, you will be fine, lots of people dont take it in advance but take it now that you know. You could always say you dont want to drink because you are trying to give up the cigs....or you are on antibiotics or something. Congrats again anyway :o)ll
katgirl Posts: 1258
congrats see you on the Nov mammy train , just get on the folic acid now and give up the fags!
ababy Posts: 73
hi cazza, I only joined today too - am 5 weeks and got my BFP confirmed this morning by doc. Just start the folic acid asap and you should be fine as lots of food has it too so I am starting my new healthy regime today with loads of fruit and veg so that really helps. See you in the November gang too! Still can't believe it but I am so happy and emotional today. CONGRATS!
under construction Posts: 3458
Congratulations - wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy
papillon Posts: 1305
[quote="cazza1981":2gofmo8l] Also have my sisters hen this weekend, what will i do so people will not notice i won't be drinking[/quote:2gofmo8l] People tend to only notice when you say "No I'm not drinking" Best thing to do at dinner is allow a glass of wine to be poured for you and don't drink it, take a couple of tiny sips. No one will notice. Get your own drinks at the bar, or if in a round, let people get you a drink (white, like a g&t or vodka and lemonade) and sneakily pour it down the loo or leave it somewhere and replace with a 7 up. I know it's a bit of a waste but slyness is everything esp when you're surrounded by women!! Oh, and congratulations btw :o)ll :o)ll
bababum Posts: 226
CONGRATS :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Looks like we'll be due around the same time, just got our bfp this weekend thank god and looks like due date is Nov 30th I have been taking pregnacare original it includes folic acid, iron & lots of vitamns so i think i'll contine to take same. Congrats again Bababum :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
mam2be Posts: 94
Congratulations cazza!! Its so exciting :o)ll :o)ll
cazza1981 Posts: 451
Thank you to everybody on the advice and the congradulations. Was on to himself earlier on and said we will get 2 more tests later. Thanks papillon about the advice for my sisters hen think i will have to do that, as my cousin and myself normally go on the lash but will change my drink this weekend to vodka and 7 up, and throw out the vodka, going try and stay on my own and not on rounds. Would love to be able to talk to either my mum or sis but husband wants to wait until 4 month mark.
papillon Posts: 1305
[quote="cazza1981":351xwurz] Would love to be able to talk to either my mum or sis but husband wants to wait until 4 month mark.[/quote:351xwurz] Wow, well done if you can keep it up that long! It will be hard to disguise esp if you fall foul to the ol morning sickness... We told the general public at 12 weeks and my sisters and parents at 6 weeks. The way I looked at it, if something went wrong, I'd be sharing that news and seeking support from my sisters and parents anyway.