Ideas for a nice but inexpensive week in the Sun

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marianf Posts: 5845
HI folks, We are hoping to grab a week away in the sun late April / early May. Somewhere nice but not too expensive. Lying on a beach for the week wouldnt be for us but a couple of days relaxation would be fine. Just need a couple of things to do to keep us happy. Not into the club scene either. So I guess an old persons holiday is what we want............ :o0 Wouldnt mind paying a bit extra to get there if eating out etc was cheap. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
glowgal Posts: 949
My vote would be for Lanzarote, lovely beach, lots of nice inexpensive restaurants. Mainly couples and families so perfect for what you want.
Sounds good to me. Thanks for that!
Senorita Posts: 3413
Definately book on-line. My tip, would be to get flights from Cork/Dublin to Faro (bet you could find them for less than €120 return, each). Look up and - for good priced hotels. April/early May could be a bit unpredictable in the Algarve, but you could get a fantastic week too, you just don't know. Lanzarote/Tenerife/Gran Canaria - probably better chance of hot/dry weather. Aerlingus & ryanair do direct flights there too.
NemoFish Posts: 2501
Instead of weddingsonline.ie try holidaysonline.ie. They do searches of package holidays availble at best prices! They also have very good telephone service - you can call to confirm details, ask questions or book ever the phone. I have used them and found them to be very eficient and helpful. Would reccomend canary islands - there is a club scene, but there is always other options! Not into clubbing much either, but loved it there. If you have the time, a two week package doesn't cost much more than one week (flights are usually most expensive part of the package)
Thats great thanks. I will give them a try. Would love 2 weeks but with the wedding and building a house we cant afford to take 10 days holidays or we'll have no spare days for emergencies. Thanks for the website information!