Ideas please!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PussyGalore Posts: 3388
Hi girls, Just wondering if you wise wollies could get your thinking caps on for me for an idea for a gift for my friend who's having a really hard time at the moment. She's just separated from her hubby, her business is not doing well. She's starting to get sick from the stress & feeling really down and I want to cheer her up. I live on the opposite side of the country and i'm skint so I can't visit her, anyway I don't think she's up for visits just yet either. So, I want to post something to her, a little treat. I could spend about 20 or 25 Euro. It's just following on from another thread yesterday and I think loads of good ideas were passed on. If you were going through tough times what would you like to receive in the post? Thankyou!! :)
Foxylady1 Posts: 381
I think just a nice bunch of flowers sent to her would be lovely with a "thinking of you" card, if i was feeling like that and my friend did that for me it would cheer me up no end.......
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
If I was going through a tough time I'd love someone to drop by with bottle of wine, a dvd and a load of chocolate; and you both have a girlie night. I found when I was heartbroken a few years ago that night time was the worst; everyone else is busy and there's too much time to think. HTH
thanks girls, flowers sound good ... yeah, i went through a nasty breakup myself a few years ago and I appreciated her being there at night, you're right, there's no substitute for being physically present but the thing is I just can't get to see her for a week or so. Added complication is that she's living with her sister, her fella and their baby so it's kind of hard to have the heart to heart in someone else's living room you know? Obv she knows she can come here but just in the interim. I think flowers are a lovely idea, thankyou! And i'll bring the wine/dvds when I see her :) thanks again!!
Foxylady1 Posts: 381
no problem :wv
nelswife Posts: 3869
A nice hamper of gift basket set, flowers too is always great to get especially when your not expecting them here is a webstie that do gift baskets / hampers http://www.gifts.ie/ http://irish-gifts.ie - do lovely gift baskets with wine and chocolates http://www.basketsgalore.ie/gift-hampers.html http://www.giftmaster.ie/ - some really nice things on here - yankie candle sets etc, and plenty more Thats a really nice thoughtful thing to do!!
Nelswife, thankyou, I hadn't thought of a gift basket, she could also share (if she wanted!) the contents with her sister. Thank you for going to so much trouble to hunt down websites for me :o)ll Thanks again ladies, I knew you'd have good ideas :)
ott Posts: 3920
Fill a box up with magazines, chocolate, DVDs that are on offer for €4, bath bomb, face mask, slipper socks, any little bits and pieces that you can think of. My friend got this once from her SIL when we were doing exams and I just thought it was the nicest thing.
Nice, OTT, thankyou for this one, I kind of like the idea of receiving more than one thing in a box, hmm, you've armed me with some great suggestions so I'm going to get off my *ss and get this sent to her!
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
[quote="ott":19xibr7m]Fill a box up with magazines, chocolate, DVDs that are on offer for €4, bath bomb, face mask, slipper socks, any little bits and pieces that you can think of. My friend got this once from her SIL when we were doing exams and I just thought it was the nicest thing.[/quote:19xibr7m] I agree with this loads of little bits are lovely, my best friend gave me stuff liek this for my engagement ( i know its not the same thing) but she had wine, dvds, smelly candle, bottle of wine, steaks and all yummy stuff from M & S, the point is immediatly i saw the amount of trouble she went to, it wasnt about how much she spent etc it was the amount of pure thought she had put into giving us a romantic nite in. Also this friend gave me a little box, about the size of a match box and it said a box of hugs and kisses and when you opened it , it was full of little hearts and tiny X & O's and i cried it was so thoughtfull ! you could do the whole, chocs an dvd and magazine and other little bits and pieces, this might seem corny but you could print this of and include it in your gift box [i:19xibr7m]If I could catch a rainbow I would do it just for you And share with you its beauty On the days you are feeling blue If I could build a mountain You could call your very own A place to find serenity A place to be alone If I could take your troubles I would toss them in the sea But all these things I am finding Are impossible for me I cannot build a mountain Or catch a rainbow fair But let me be what I know best A friend that's always there[/i:19xibr7m]