IF I have a section can I........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

meandmyself Posts: 149
So I had a section on my DS and the more I look into it via Dr. Google I am starting to prepare myself for the fact I may have to have another one on this baby. Anyway, last time I nearly went mental in the hospital over the 5 days. So I want to know if anyone left the hospital before the usual 5 days were up. It was so hot and I couldn't sleep and they kept checking in on me a few times every night. I think the fact I have epilepsy meant they were all over me. So..... IF I have a section do you think I can leave the hospital after maybe 3 days? I also don't want to leave my son at home without me for long! He will be grand, I won't!
zeus Posts: 553
As far as I know you can sign yourself out of hospital at any time, although it will be against medical advice. My friend signed herself out after her section but ended up going back as her scar got infected so be careful and take it easy if you do so.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
Check the policy. I've heard, but haven't checked, that the hospital where I had my LO will let you out after three days on second and subsequent pregnancies. I totally understand the need to get out, I went a bit stir crazy myself after five nights and definitely did better at home in my own bed.
gopro Posts: 1801
my neighbour had a section on a Friday and was home with no 2 by Sunday lunchtime(she didnt sign herself out)
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
Hs will let you out after 3 days all going well but don't rush yourself if you don't feel up to it.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I was let home after 4 nights on both my sections, Id say if I really wanted to go after 3 nights this time they probably would have let me but tbh I think it would have been pushing it - for me anyway and I recovered really well both times but I liked getting the difene supositories as they were brill >:o) DH brought dd into the hospital twice and tbh I felt like I was on holidays as it was so peaceful (had my own room)! But I was glad to get home all the same. Wait and see how you are feeling when the time comes.
Moodles Posts: 547
I was out after 3 nights on both my sections.
bolababy Posts: 706
Section on a friday morning and out on monday morning. 2nd baby. Overhead the midwives in the corridor saying to the consultant that I was a 'sensible woman' and 'coping and feeding well'. So I'd say if its your second and youre doing well it will be no problem.