Irish boy names?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emme Posts: 4735
Hi, following on from a similar thread on M & B I was wondering what are peoples favourite irish boys names. So far I'm considering Cian and Cathal...anyone anything else?
babybuttons Posts: 886
i love them names. (sorry i know u werent asking opionions on them) but they are lovely names
Mama2 Posts: 1230
I love Aidan and Conor. These were our 2 boys names but of course Murphys Law declares that we're having a girl. The poor child will be nameless until she's 18 as we can't agree on anything! O:|
Blackballing is good Jejum! I gave DH a list of girls names and told him he could blackball the ones he reeeaaallly didn't like and we'd come to a compromise and we have on a name he previously hated. Course, whispering the name in his ear as he slept might have had something to do with it!
newkid30 Posts: 2233
I like Liam Seán Cathal Darragh Caoimhín
hartley Posts: 826
I really like Cathal and Conor. I also like Jack. We have no girls name either, as I actually can't find any I really like!.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
we're the same - have girls names, but no boys!! That means sods law that we a def having a boy!! I love Newkid30's suggestion of Caoimhín, also love Darragh, but that's my brothers name and DH has claimed the LO won't be named after anyone O:|
esmum Posts: 426
I love Conor, Fionn and Lochlan . Emme - Does whispering name in his ear as he sleeps work - Im desperate will try anything now. He hates all my names and me his.
15/07/09 I don't know what worked exactly! I also may have been really sneaky and set up an email account in the girls name and sent him an email! It's a beautiful name - Isabel - and he just wouldn't get on board with it but the more I used it the more he got to like it. If he didn't like it I would never have felt right using it, I really wouldn't but as it is he grew to love it. I felt he was too quick to shoot down names and he felt I had too many names that I loved since I was a baby myself. Apparently boys don't think about these things until there's a baby on the way!
frillynickers Posts: 1765
I like: Donnagh, Donacha, Sean, Caoilann, Rian, Liam, Ciaran, Cillian, Eoaghan, Fionn