Menu

ironing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

coolkeevs Posts: 483
hey wollies, just after finishing doing my ironing and it got me thinking do u do all the ironing or just ur own? i feel a bit guilty that i havent done his but he'l never learn if i do everything for him, what way do the rest of you guys work??
i want one Posts: 2893
well my mam actually does the ironing for us this is just a recent thing tho. but before that i did mine and he did his. does that make me a bad wife!
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I do it all and I hate it >:o( Problem is that OH never ironed. He is very happy to wander round looking like a wrinkled heap. He has never asked me to iron for him to be fair apart from once asking me to iron a shirt for him for a wedding. Even his work shirts he takes straight out of the washing machine (picture him waiting for it to finish so he can pounce on them :o0 ) and hangs them up wet. I do his jeans and t-shirts for him because I hate them to be wrinked. When I first moved in he once did HIS washing and left mine - he didn't do that again.
[quote="i want one":xt0tt1n2]well my mam actually does the ironing for us this is just a recent thing tho. but before that i did mine and he did his. does that make me a bad wife![/quote:xt0tt1n2] no way atol does that make u a bad wife, i never actually thought about it much until the girls at work and me started talking about uit, they basically did all the ironing and most of the housework and i argued with them that they where all doolaaley, that we both work and bring in an income so we were both responsible for household chores. i was outnumbered so wanted to check into here to see what the rest of u gals thought!! O-O
lux Posts: 6270
I do it all. It's my absolute favourite household job, I iron everything, from sheets to clothes to towels. Love doing it.
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
[quote="lux":q0gew8r3]I do it all. It's my absolute favourite household job, I iron everything, from sheets to clothes to towels. Love doing it.[/quote:q0gew8r3] I'm on my way with a big bag of stuff :)
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
Neither of us irons. Anything. Ever. We don't own an iron.
[quote="CarolinaMoon":385ax7f8][quote="lux":385ax7f8]I do it all. It's my absolute favourite household job, I iron everything, from sheets to clothes to towels. Love doing it.[/quote:385ax7f8] I'm on my way with a big bag of stuff :)[/quote:385ax7f8] Honestly, I've said to himself that if, god forbid, I was unemployed I would be so happy to take in ironing, I just love doing it!
lux- you are welcome to visit my house anytime. i will feed u and all for free, what ya say?? :yelrotflmaosmilie:
It's so sad, isn't it! Now, it's the ONLY household job I happily do, hence the reason we're getting a cleaner. But I do love ironing, I think it's because my mum loves it too, I find its results based and I love seeing the nice tidy stacks of clothes etc.