Is it a sign that I'm getting old?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
I'm still very hungover from last night, didn't even have too much to drink last night. Slept in till half 1 and have done nothing today but still have a horrible head on me. I miss the days when I could get pi$$ed and be perfectly fine the next day.
paperclips Posts: 3146
Its a sign that you cant go on a piss up anymore! I cant drink anymore. I would have a rotten hangover for days if I had more than 3 drinks on a night out. Just dont bother now, so on a sunday I have a clear head and feel good!
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
I don't even know when was the last Saturday that I was out!
aylala Posts: 3673
Yep im afraid once I hot 30/became a mother I get the worst hangovers, not sick or anything but just this awful feeling all day long, horrible guilty feeling to the point of paranoi sometimes, my friends and I reckon its 'the fear' [url:16soqug7]http://www.drinkaware.ie/index.php?pid=192&sid=11[/url:16soqug7] Im happier now to go out and comed home early have nice food and few drinks - Im old :-8
Jawl Posts: 8881
Ah this age 'can't do it anymore I'm too old' carry on is all in the head :o0 I was drinking vodka and 7 up last nite and my friend was drinking bacardi and 7 up and we drank each others drinks by accident. So I slept til 12.45 today, my head was hopping when I woke up. But nothing a cuppa and slice of toast didnt fix. Went out for dinner with family, did a tesco shop and I was frozen down the chilled foods aisle alright :o0
maltabride2011 Posts: 987
Oh I know that feeling! Went out for cocktails on my work hen on Friday and was dying all day yesterday, couldn't get out of bed - my head was splitting! And I wasn't even that drunk! I have concluded that cocktails are evil. :o0
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
My tolerance for hangovers is getting less and less now. I went to my sisters with DH on Friday and had 3/4 of a bottle of wine to myself. I was like the undead on Saturday. Not sick exactly but my brain felt like a dried sponge and I couldn't make the simplest of decisions. Of course instead of learning my lesson I drank that night at a friends belated birthday bash. Sunday was spent doing nothing. I just can't handle it anymore. When I was younger I could bounce back so much quicker and still have a productive day the next day. That is definitely a thing of the past. I'm 31.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
We were out sat night for a friends birhtday and OH MY GOD- i died a thousands deaths yesterday. woke at 8 to get dd her bottle, she went back to sleep for 2 hours, shes sooo good :o0 we slept too and then had to get up for dds brekkie, so i made dh get up too, as i was so sick, :hic all 3 of us had a pj day yesterday, and even tho i was very hungover i actualy enjoyed our quiet day alone at home, fire on, pjs on, then got chinese, i was glad i had DDS dinner made from sat evening so just had to heat it (at least she was fed well i suppose) im here today and im still stick, and all i had was a few bottles of coors light! O-O O-O :hic
moobear Posts: 1126
When we go out, I am not able to exist the next day!!! I just dont make any plans as they just wont happen!! Was at a hen last Saturday (7th) & it took me until Tuesday night/Wednesday morning before I was back to myself. I think it is time I just gave up drinking as it really isnt worth it. I remember only a couple of years ago I would be out till 6am have a couple of hours sleep & could go again the next night!! Oh the days when I was young (I am only 32 now!!!)
Sheesh Posts: 1129
[quote="MrsO2009":3ruu31td]When we go out, I am not able to exist the next day!!! I just dont make any plans as they just wont happen!! [/quote:3ruu31td] This is me!ANd I'm only 22!I always say,''Oh it's not worth it!!'' :-8