Is it too late to reply that we can't go

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Magoo Posts: 475
Only discovered last night that our neighbour invited us to her afters tomorrow night and we totally forgot to reply to her. Thing is we can't go as DH is on call and to be totally honest we don't really know her that well. Should I contact her today and tell her or is it too late. She probably has her numbers given to the hotel already. She has invited over 200 to the afters :ooh I will send her a gift and card etc. Should I still reply to her? I'm mortified that I forgot.
NowGone Posts: 8042
Pop out, get a card and a bottle of champers, then drop in and offer your apologies. I wouldn't be too worried - it's only the afters and not the whole thing!
Capetown Posts: 976
Mrs Magoo, I wouldn't worry about it but I'd definetly call in and tell her the truth that you genuinly forgot to reply. Give a wedding card and a small gift and that should be fine.
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
Say he was supposed to drop the card in and forgot or you were trying to wait to see if he could get the time off to go.
Mrs Magoo Posts: 475
I like your style Slightly Bonkers :o0
MrsKA Posts: 878
Don't worry about it. You don't need to reply for an afters invite. no one replied to mine and I didn't expect them to.
beatingmyselfintoadress Posts: 2387
I wouldnt worry, Im sure its no big deal as it is just the afters, she'd probably just really appreciate if you dropped in to tell her :wv