It's REALLY Happening!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NYB2010plus1 Posts: 114
Hi All B2B.... OMG i cant believe it but i'm getting married!!!! Just got engaged before Christmas :xox and i thought i'd have loads of time to organise the BIG DAY but when we started telling people about our engagement they were all expecting us to have booked it already!!!!! :eek And i was even more surprised to hear that alot of people have they're date/venue etc. booked a couple of days/weeks after their engagement!!! :eek Well 5 weeks after my H2B got down on one knee we've decided that 2010 is going to be the year :xxx :xox :o)ll But i was shocked to find out that alot of places have plenty of dates gone already for next year... I'm new to all of this wedding thing so i hadnt a clue what to expect O:| Well anyway i've ordered loads of brochures and we're heading to the Wedding Fair in the RDS at the weekend...(anyone find these any use??) WHERE DO I START......... so much to do and i havent a clue where to start!! Do i get married in the local church even though i dont like it really.. oh i'm stressed already!!! Well i hope to find loads of tips off this site.. i've been reading some discussions over the last couple of day's and i've learned a few things... keep those comments coming girls!!! :wv
ela28 Posts: 2552
welcome to the site and congratulations,good luck with all the planning,you will get great advice on here,as for where to start decide on your date,make sure the church is available,have a look at lots of brochures and make appointments to go view the places you like,make out a rough guest list to give you an idea of the number of people you intend on having so you know of the places that you can choose from,also make sure the ones you like have your date available,I would also book the band,photographer,videographer and church music early on as they do be booked up fairly quickly,better to get in there early.As for everything else I don't think there's a mad rush,just get in touch with your priest also to see when he would like to meet up,hth,any questions feel free to ask :wv
tinkerbella2010 Posts: 762
C :o)ll O :o)ll N :o)ll G :o)ll R :o)ll A :o)ll T :o)ll U :o)ll L :o)ll A :o)ll T :o)ll I :o)ll O :o)ll N :o)ll S I'm new to this too and find this site soooooooo helpful Thanks to all the girlies on WOL :thnk