Jesus H Christ

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Loopy Loo Posts: 1774
Living on my own at de moment and just killed a 3-inch spider that had the appearance of a not-so-anorexic tarantula. I am absolutely frickin freaked out of my head............... Heeeeeelllllllllpppppppp........... :eek :weep
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Oh god, I hate them. It's just not right to have that many legs!
MarieB Posts: 556
Oh God Loopy Loo, the horror :shock: :cry: That's one thing men are good at, catching those buggers ;) I am terrified of spiders. I remember when I was living back at home, I was on the phone one night in the sitting room. I heard this pitter patter on the carpet, and thought it was the cat, looked across the room, and this massive bloody spider was heading right for my chair. I nearly lost my life :eek I dropped the phone and ran. After that my Dad went looking for him, but he couldn't find him anywhere. I was in the shower the next day, washing my hair, and something caught my eye. Looked up, and there was the huge spider on the shower rail. I nearly broke my neck trying to get out of the shower. To this day, that experience still haunts me. Hubby thought I was exaggerating it, till he asked my Dad, who confirmed it was the biggest spider he ever had ever seen and let alone caught :shock: I feel ill just thinking about it :weep
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
Not a fan of spiders myself, but I don't think I'd totally freak unless there was one crawling all over me. I don't mean to be horrible Marie B, but I laughed at your account of the shower, cause I would leggit outta there if I was in the shower (thats when you are your most vulnerable) and probably would end up tripping and breaking something to get out alright.
Wifey-Pooh Posts: 2125
I found a squished one in the loo the other day. H2B had kindly killed it, put it down the loo (without flushing the dead yoke away), but left a trail of guts and a leg on the floor! Lovely :twisted:
boobies Posts: 1625
You can get a plug in thingy to keep insects away from the house, I have one its surposed to keep mice out too got it in hardware shop [img:11hl0b90]http://www.pestrepellerultimate.net/images/comp_AT.gif[/img:11hl0b90]
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
get the hoover ! ! ! !
over it Posts: 2779
Sorry Boobies, those things just dont work! They are a total waste of money. I had a mouse in my bedroom last year and it was sleeping in a showbox directly under the plug in thing that was supposed to deter them from coming into your house! I spent a fortune on those bloody things :roll: I use hairspray on spiders, cruel but it has to be done.
mad woman Posts: 22106
throw a glass of water over it, thats what I do when DH not there to take it away...
boobies Posts: 1625
[quote:2i35s304] use hairspray on spiders, cruel but it has to be done[/quote:2i35s304] Good idea brickinit!