keith barry on late late

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cookiemad Posts: 917
just watching late late there and keith barry is after hypnotising [sp] 10 epople there.did it really happen or are they members of his act.what do ye think??
Millicent2 Posts: 51
I don't know but there is no way I would volunteer to do that on national television! I thought they would play back the clip to them though, just to get their reactions.
MadlyInLove Posts: 529
well i dont know about tonight but i saw his show recently and a friend of mine was called up and hypotnised and it definately was not preplanned..it was hilarious. she remembers nothing about it. the show was mindblowing. ive seen him 3 times in all and i am just so amazed by him. [quote="Millicent2":36o6vu03]I don't know but there is no way I would volunteer to do that on national television! I thought they would play back the clip to them though, just to get their reactions.[/quote:36o6vu03] me too..i think it would be great to see thier reactions. they'll be mortified about it when they see it back.
Millicent2 Posts: 51
Did they get tickets to his show or some sort of prize for their efforts? I was only half watching.
timandhar Posts: 80
Ya I was surprised they didn't ask them what they remembered, they sent them back to their seats very quick ! I've seen him live and he is excellent.
cookiemad Posts: 917
ya but im wondering how do they know it wont go wrong,like say they ask whats the worst thing you have done and someone says somethig like"imhaving a affair"or " i have killed some one" you dont know what goes on in peoples heads.
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
We're going to be neighbours of his soon so he better not try to hypnotise us :hyper: :hyper:
atlast2010 Posts: 444
he said he needed 10 people and 10 people stood up. no more no less. that part looked very staged to me. ok floor manager may have asked audience and picked the 10 before they went on air but they should say that.
stickwoman Posts: 2394
For live TV I think they do a pre show hypnotism test thingy (you know the thing with your hands being "glued" together) so that they're guaranteed to have people who can be hypnotised up on stage... think I remember Paul Mc Kenna saying something along those lines.... Keith Barry is amazing live
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
he is amazing live but went to an recording of deal or no deal and it totally put me off him. He didn't interact wit the audience at all off camera. Just came on and did his job and that was it. Have also been to recordings of republic of telly and the saturday night show (free nights out due to saving for d wedding!) and both times the presenters spoke to the audience before and after the recording and it really made a difference! For example, after the recording they thanked you for coming, whereas keith ignored us! Stopped watching deal or no deal after that!