Knocking down a Cat

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
Is there anything that can be done about some one knocking down a cat and leaving it to die. Last night I was at home alone about 11.30 when I heard something odd, went to investigate and there was the neighbours beautiful white fluffy cat on the ground blood spilling from his head, the car kept going. I went out to puddy and was going back into the house to get a towel to bring him to the vet when the b*tch that ran him over drove back, told me she was sick over it, then drove off(Puddy was still trying to move at this stage) AS I was lifting up Puddy the neighbours came back, little 6 year old in tow, OMG the screams of him, Puddy died. As a rule I really don't like cats, think they are evil but Puddy was different, he used to just loll around my house as much as theirs, even found him in the clothes dryer once or twice. I got this ones car reg that ran him over, is there anything that can be done. I know this is a stupid topic but if you saw how upset my neighbours were esp the little boy you'd understand.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Oh thats awful New Years. The poor kitty and the little boy. Are you ok after it? I'd say it was a bit of a shock. I don't know if anything can be done about it - maybe if the driver was driving dangerously? Could you ring the gardai and ask?
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
The silly cow was in her jammies and no shoes on, that can 't be good
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Its not a stupid topic at all,seeing a little child so upset over any kind of pet is terrible.What a bitch!I have no idea what you could do :?
AVENGER Posts: 4595
That's awful. A neighbour of ours ran over our dog on purpose a number of years ago right in front of me. Long story short this man had done something very illegal and dangerous that invovled out property and my dad reported him to the guards over it. The dog used to sit at the gate of our house and wait in the evening for us to get home from school and dad to get in from work. I was at the gate one evening and neighbour swerved in aiming for the dog and killed it. Bast**d rolled down the window and said to me "See how your daddy likes that". I seen it happen and another nieghbour seen it. She rang the guards and we were told there was nothing they could do except have a word with the man in question. I really doubt the guards will do anything or be able to do anything if you pass on the reg.
MrsJenni04 Posts: 422
We used to have cats at home and gradually one by one got run over by cars and just left for dead, the majority of people never stopped to see what they had done. I don't think the gardai can do anything when it is a cat but if it was a dog they knocked over, you have to report that to the police anyway. Well in England you do, not too sure in Ireland. I'd ring the Gardai just to double check.
MrsJenni04 Posts: 422
Just had a thought, surely if the gardai can't do anthing, how about RSPCA??
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
can they not be done for driving without due care and attention? that poor, poor child, its bad enough when a pet dies but when it's someone elses fault and they don't even have the guts to stick around and apologise to the owner that's just an absolute disgrace, this woman deserves everything she gets... and driving in her pj's with no shoes?...what an eejit! R.I.P. Puddy xx xxx kim xxx
Anonymous Posts: 24542
[quote:37b1fxlk]The silly cow was in her jammies and no shoes on, that can 't be good[/quote:37b1fxlk] Surely its dangerous to drive with no shoes on? Maybe the gardai could get her on that? Rome - thats an awful story. Your poor dog. Some people are just sick.
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
we have a cat and while one has died recently it was due to her liking of Anti freeze according to vet it just tastes mmmm mm good. it was sad to see her go that way. i think it is so irresponsible of someone to hit any animal and run my dog my beloved basset was knocked down and they just left him there and another lovely person rang the vets and they collected him. He had already died. Wheather he died on impact or not i think it just shows how horrible some people are. All these animals in our lives mean so much to us they give us unconditional love and that can rarely be replaced. Really is sad. Sorry that you had to go through that NYE bride but it is a testment how nice and caring you are in comparision to the driver!