Lazy Baby

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snuddlums Posts: 1644
Hi All Im 26+5 weeks,I was in hospital over weekend as hadnt really felt baby move but all was fine,but since then babyhardly moves at all really,Is this norm at this stage?Id say it only really moves if I jig my belly :o0 or if I eat!!Im in 2mara for a scan. Thanks all
theoracle Posts: 7664
Do you know if your placenta is to the front? It could be cushioning the moevements so that you just don't notice them as much, especially if you are active.
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
My DD was like this all through pregnancy - usually at some stage during the day I would have a drink of really cold water and concentrate to make sure there was movement .. but if I didn't do this I would rarely have felt kicks. She's a very chilled out baby and sleeps really well at night so hopefully your's will be the same!
amberjack Posts: 1273
Agree with The Oracle, my placenta was front lying until about 30 weeks and I got very little movement, even at the end he didnt go mad. He's now 5 months old and a reall little squirmer and everyone is wondering how I never felt him.
LazyBaby Posts: 464
nothing to add of any use, except "Phew, I thought it was something I did!" I'm off the hook :)
Snuddlums Posts: 1644
Hey Thanks for the replies,not too sure about placenta,they werent sure when they scanned me where the placenta was as I was 12+5 but she did put anterior wall.Im having a scan tomorrow so maybe that will fill me in if placenta definately on anterior wall.I am feeling baby but just not constant!