maternity leave

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

brennie Posts: 154
bit confused the more i think about it !!!!!! im due 22nd november and im just wondering what date do i finish work to start my maternity leave, im taking the statutory 2 weeks before due date :duh:
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
If you work Mon-Fri then i'd say finish up on 4th? You could also finish on 8th which is a Tuesday really depends on yourself :wv :wv
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
i'd imagine you would finish 8th November? HTH :wv
milinda Posts: 785
The latest you can officially finish is either 11th or 12th nov depending on what days you work. But basically your maternity leave will have to begin on the 14th of November or earlier. I doubled checked with the maternity section last week, it's a minimium of 2 weeks by the end if the week you are due, so not necessary 2 full working weeks before you are due.
pag Posts: 633
[quote="milinda":ftv01pxo]The latest you can officially finish is either 11th or 12th nov depending on what days you work. But basically your maternity leave will have to begin on the 14th of November or earlier. I doubled checked with the maternity section last week, it's a minimium of 2 weeks by the end if the week you are due, so not necessary 2 full working weeks before you are due.[/quote:ftv01pxo] +1 I think most people think it's two full working weeks before you are due but it isn't. I left two full weeks but only because I knew I was fed up of work (had been from about 30wks!) and my replacement had started already so I was surplus to requirement.
sillymammy Posts: 47
The 22nd is a Tuesday, so the end of that week is either Friday 25th, or Sunday 27th, depending on your working week. So Its two weeks before that, which is either Friday the 11th, or Sunday the 13th that would be your last day. Just make sure you clear it with your employer asap so there will be no issues later on when you are closer to the time, as most people think its two weeks before your actual due date. Good luck :)
brennie Posts: 154
thanx for the replies, i work mon-fri so im guessing i finish work the 11th nov.if im to take the 2 weeks before due date.