MB10 form query!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

punkybrewster Posts: 290
Hi Ladies I was wondering if you could tell me what section 5 of the MB10 form is for? Do we fill in the details of existing kiddies? Why is this? Does everyone fill it out? Many thanks Confused punkybrewster
candypants Posts: 8575
I got stuck on this too, and remember been stuck on it last time also, last time i filled in DD1's name, and nothing came back about it, so this time i filled in my 2 DD's names. Prob not much help to ya.
silverlight Posts: 628
I just filled in DS's name too. I don't think it actually makes a difference though.
pag Posts: 633
I read it is included for two reasons: 1. as a check against child benefit fraud and 2. if you are already claiming child benefit once you register this baby you automatically get the increased payment without having to fill in any forms from the section (about where payment goes to etc.) Either way - just put in details of your current children and should be ok. That's what I did anyway.
candypants Posts: 8575
[quote="pag":114huq9a]I read it is included for two reasons: 1. as a check against child benefit fraud and 2. [u:114huq9a][b:114huq9a] if you are already claiming child benefit once you register this baby you automatically get the increased payment without having to fill in any forms from the section [/b:114huq9a][/u:114huq9a](about where payment goes to etc.) Either way - just put in details of your current children and should be ok. That's what I did anyway.[/quote:114huq9a] AHA!!! That makes perfect sense. O-O
punkybrewster Posts: 290
Thanks a mill girls! Seems a few of us have learned something here today :o)ll
redroses Posts: 714
I think its also included in case some families are entitled to an increase for each child dependent and adult dependent, i read on the welfare site when filling mine in that, if you have dependents the rate of mat benefit is compared to the rate of illness benefit that would be paid to you if you were absent from work,which ever rate is higher is what's paid to you. Taken from . [i:2jdhho9u]Payments for dependants If you have dependants your rate of Maternity Benefit (excluding increases for dependants) is compared to the rate of Illness Benefit (including increases for dependants) that would be paid to you if you were absent from work through illness. The higher of the two rates is paid to you. Example (2011 rates): Mary is entitled to the maximum rate of Maternity Benefit of €262. Her partner is unemployed and signing on for unemployment credits. They have two children. If she got Illness Benefit she would get €372.40 (this is the personal rate of Illness Benefit an Increase for a Qualified Adult an Increase for Qualified Children). She cannot get less Maternity Benefit than she would get if ill and getting Illness Benefit. For this reason, she will get Maternity Benefit of €372.40. If your adult dependent is getting a social welfare payment you will not get an Increase for a Qualified Adult (IQA) but you may get a half-rate Increase for a Qualified Child (IQC).You will qualify for a full-rate IQA and a full-rate IQC, if your adult dependent is unemployed and signing on for credits or is earning under €100.01 per week. If your adult dependent is earning between €100.01 and €310 per week you will get a tapered rate of IQA and a full-rate IQC. If your adult dependent is earning between €310.01 and €400 per week you will not get an IQA but you will get half rate IQC. If your adult dependent earns over €400 per week you will not get an IQA or IQC.[/i:2jdhho9u]