Menu

MOTB

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TRA Posts: 47
Hi Girls, Where did your mum get her outfit for the big day? My mum is freaking out cos she can't find anything. She definitely doesn't want anything too "mother-of-the-bridey". She's 55 but looks about 45, quite tall and about size 16-18. Help! She was nearly in tears today :cry: . The wedding is at the end of the summer. Thanks a mil. :D :D
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
legal lady Posts: 26
Try the personal shopper in BT's in Dublin, my mum got her MOTB outfit in about 45 mins, Fiona is the name of the girl, was such a confidence boost for Mum as well! would highly recommend her. LL
steen Posts: 1335
I would second the personal shopper idea in BT.
Florrie06 Posts: 316
Vanity Fair in Newbridge has a great selection of outfits - They are great at putting together a whole outfit. They have lovely shoes, bags and accessories. There are also some lovely boutiques in Naas.
kazultra Posts: 327
Try Pamela Scott on Grafton Street, they have lovely stuff!!!
Service Finder
smurf Posts: 755
[quote:1l9pvd9i]Vanity Fair in Newbridge has a great selection of outfits - They are great at putting together a whole outfit. They have lovely shoes, bags and accessories. There are also some lovely boutiques in Naas.[/quote:1l9pvd9i] we didn't like this shop at all, but I can see where it would work. It depends on whether you are looking for boutique style or not. Evita in Nass had a nice range and Hula Boo in Maynooth the same.
pluto Posts: 3893
We're having the same problem. Wedding is in November, but it's abroad so it can't be anything too heavy, as it will be warm (hopefully!!) Does anyone know any good shops in the Cork area?
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
friendship Posts: 325
do they do the personal shopper in BT Galway also?