my son poured cup of hot tea all over himself...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
god almighty I nearly died. It was so stressful. Thanks be to god he didnt get burnt but it was hot tea. I stripped him immediately and put cold wet towel on his chest. It happened in sceonds. I went home to my parents at the weekend for an appointment in Dublin and we were having breakfast. I took him out of the high chair - put him standing on the floor while I pushed the chair in to the wall. He walked be hind me and picked up my mug of tea. It was like it was happening in slow motion when I turned around. He got it to the level of his face but the mug was too heavy so his little arm trembled and tipped it over his chest - it ran down his legs and into his shoes. He bawled crying! I feel so so bad over it. He has no burn or anything but I feel so so so guilty
Idina Posts: 1289
My DS did this before. I wasn't right for about a fortnight. I still have heart attacks if he is anywhere near tea! [quote="Hello_there":6pclz1mk]I stripped him immediately and put cold wet towel on his chest.[/quote:6pclz1mk] I'm not trying to tell you your business but if it happens again (or you are ever in the company of anyone it happens to) I wouldn't strip the child. Put them straight under cold running water fully clothed and be very careful taking off clothes as they can stick if there is blistering and make it worse (happened to a child I know). Glad he is ok, it's takes longer for the Mammy to get over it I think!
oh really?? thanks for that tip - I didnt know that. Jesus if he had gotten burnt and I made it worse I would die! :eek
tilsun Posts: 4506
God you must have gotten an awful fright. Glad to hear he's ok.
HappyMum2010 Posts: 431
[quote="Idina":3pol4hzk]My DS did this before. I wasn't right for about a fortnight. I still have heart attacks if he is anywhere near tea! [quote="Hello_there":3pol4hzk]I stripped him immediately and put cold wet towel on his chest.[/quote:3pol4hzk] I'm not trying to tell you your business but if it happens again (or you are ever in the company of anyone it happens to) I wouldn't strip the child. Put them straight under cold running water fully clothed and be very careful taking off clothes as they can stick if there is blistering and make it worse (happened to a child I know). Glad he is ok, it's takes longer for the Mammy to get over it I think![/quote:3pol4hzk] +1 and i'm very glad he is OK
honeymoonbaby Posts: 896
Hello_There how awful you poor thing. Idina thanks for the tip. My ds feel out of a shopping trolley when he was 10 months I was like a fish wife screaming for dh who had gone into the shop, I wasn't even able to lift ds out a passerby had to do it. It was awful I just took my hand off the trolley for a second and it rolled off the curb. I was still having a heart attack a week later and brought ds to casualty I'd say they thought I was nuts arriving in a week later but I couldn't stop thinking about it. It all happens so quickly as you said Hello_There but tg they weren't harmed.
today when i think about it I feel sick and feel like crying. the poor little man - he got such a fright. I wouldnt mind but i did the same thing when I was a child. and for some unknown reason my mam told me that the red blotch on my arm was from the burn.....it wasnt!!!! its a birth mark!!!!!!!! WTF???!!!! :-8
sparklybabe Posts: 3353
oh you poor thing. im so glad hes ok hun. these things can happen so quickly.
april 08 bride Posts: 640
Hello_there im glad your DS is ok. Such a fright for you. I am so terrified of anything bad happening to DS. He about to start walking and im sooo nervous of him hurting himself.