Nails... help needed!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

orchard Posts: 144
Hi girls as you can see from my ticker I am getting married shortly. The problem is my nails are in a shocking condition. I dont bite them but they are constantly splitting. I have bought cuticle cream and nurishing polish type product, but it is having little affect. My question is, should I go with false nails, filed down a good bit as I wouldn't be used to having long nails, gel nails (not sure exactly what teh difference is) or hang tough and hope my own nails grow.???? I have booked a manincure for the day before the wedding, but I have been told that they will just file them down to nothing (eventhough they are only stubs as is). And I have been told the false one are really bad for your nails and will leave them in a worse condition than they already are. Plus I dont like the idea of them falling off on honeymoon. Pleas help.
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
hi, have almost the same problem. They're constantly breaking and splitting. Went to a manicure last night as I dont want false nails, tried them once years ago but they made my nails actually worse. I got a protein base to put on my nails to make them stronger. They said to me I should have come in much earlier but have to use a cuticle oil and this base everyday. Maybe go to a manicure today earlier than the day before the wedding and ask them if they can recomend something? Maybe they can even put a protein base on the nail which helps... other than that maybe occasional nails would be an idea. They're like stickon ones you can also buy in boots.
bbbride Posts: 664
I would try and get a manicure as soon as possible. My nails were in very bad condition till I had one done a few months ago. It will help them. The beautician recommended getting a few manicures.
Daddys Girl Posts: 267
Hi Orchard, My nails would be in pretty good condition but dey would break really easy. I goin to a wedding this Friday and I am going to get my nails done tomorow in Brown thomas, dey are going to use a product called everlasting nails, wer it is supposidly like nail polish but lasts up to 3 weeks. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow!! But I have seen it on peoples nails and it looks fab, even if the persons nails were really short!!
movedtomeath Posts: 143
:o0
Hi girls, thanks very much for your replies. I definately should have been paying more attention to my nail for the last few months, but hind sight and all that. I have never been for a manicure so I suppose I have been putting it off really if I were honest. I am treasting them now every night (H2B is going mad, he hates the smell), and it is making a difference but they are in really bad nick. (I work in a lab so the gloves dont help much either!) Ree83, I have never heard of this. What does it look like on your nails? is it like a french polish effect? Or like a pale pink nail polish? I would definately be interested in finding out how you get on. I need a quick fix with only <10days to go. [quote="Ree83":12zrqary]Hi Orchard, My nails would be in pretty good condition but dey would break really easy. I goin to a wedding this Friday and I am going to get my nails done tomorow in Brown thomas, dey are going to use a product called everlasting nails, wer it is supposidly like nail polish but lasts up to 3 weeks. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow!! But I have seen it on peoples nails and it looks fab, even if the persons nails were really short!![/quote:12zrqary]
By the way, their number is 6056795
I'm in Cork, but I presume nail bar in BTs here will do the same thing. thanks girls
Cork Brown Thomas 18-21 Patrick Street Cork 00353214805555