Natural Contraception

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Joleigh Posts: 4242
Anyone use natural contraception? i.e. Monitoring your body temp and only having sex around the times of the month that you know you are not ovulating? I went back on the pill for one month and it just does not agree with me at all! So back off it now and thinking of trying the natural method. It know its not as effective as the pill but if I was to get pregnant it wouldnt be the end of the world anyway!
letty Posts: 444
hi jo my mam did that after she had her first baby, she was soon pregnant on her next.... be careful very careful...
Was just looking it up there on the net and its says Sperm can survive up to 6 days in the body so even if you have unprotected sex almost a week before you are due to ovulate you can still get pregnant! :eek :eek :eek Maybe I'll just have to abstain! :o0
charli Posts: 5994
yeah i wouldnt use it if i defo didnt want to get pregnant - its not reliable enough though if you wouldnt mind it happening - it could be ok for you only thing i would say is that you would really really have to be in tune with your body and know all signs of ov and even at that its certainly not foolproof best of luck :wv
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
Joleigh, I'm in the middle of reading 'Taking Charge of your Fertility'. I'd definately recommend it. It was recommended to me over on ttc, although it's as much about contraception (natural) as ttc. I have to say I'm learning alot from it, stuff I didn't know about - and I thought my knowledge on the subject was fairly good! :-8 I got it on Amazon. HTH.
redwifey Posts: 2932
I was also thinking about the same thing lately. I saw a thing called Persona in the chemist where it tells you when you are safe to have sex and when you are not. Am tempted to look into it.
Must sus out that book, worth a try!
Debb2010 Posts: 831
Redwifey, I remember when Persona came on the market a few years ago there was a huge outcry in the media as so many women got pregnant on it. May well have been because it was a new product at the time and its possibly much more effective now but I do remember thinking I would avoid it like the plague!
redwifey Posts: 2932
Thanks for that Debb, will definitely be avoiding it so if it had such bad reviews. Thanks for the info :thnk
april09babs Posts: 926
I'd also recommend 'Taking charge of your [email protected] Its an excellent book and everything is very well explained. You can get it on the easons online shop