need some advice re spa treatments

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

irish bride Posts: 558
Hi girls, I am 11 weeks pg and am going to a hen in a hotel with a spa resort in 2 weeks time. Does anyone know what treatments you should and shouldnt have while pg? thanks :)
mama sugar Posts: 1387
hi irish bride, If you ask the salon itself tell them you are pregnant I know alot of salons have special treatments for expectant mums, otherwise stick with a pedicure manicure facial, avoid the tummy area I suppose if you are unsure just explain to the beautician, some treatments has pregnancy as a contra indication in otherwords you should not have a certain treatment while pregnant. Enjoy the pampering now...while you still can enjoy!
irish bride Posts: 558
Thanks Sugarcube, i was thinking of just booking in for a manicure and pedicure to be on the safe side....! I'll ring the spa and speak with them and see what they suggest. :)
startingout Posts: 208
Or get a head/neck/shoulder massage or indian head massage. Probably just what you need at the moment!!!
tasket Posts: 306
I think most massages are fairly safe, but if it's an aromatherapy one you do have to be careful with some of the essential oils - the therapist should know. If you get a foot massage with your pedicure, they should avoid certain pressure points in your ankle. And the hot tub/jacuzzi is probably out - they are usually too hot for pg ladies - I think it has to be ~37 degrees or under to be safe, and at most places, they're kept at about 40. HTH.
nettie07 Posts: 293
as a treat a couple of weeks my h2b gave me a 'mum to be' spa day from sam mc cauleys, it was realy lovely. if you ring the spa in advance and just ask what they recommended for pg women.