Menu

New York Bride 2012

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NYC2012 Posts: 3
1st time to weddings online..would love any information or help on getting married in new York..we had the big wedding booked last year and found it too stressful..it'll probably be jus the two of us..wedding ceremony,hair and make up,cars,etc..thanx :action34 :)
Devo2009 Posts: 3
I would like some info too on getting married in New York. Thinking of Central Park ceremony. But need recommended photographer, make up, hair etc..... Any info welcome. thanks! :wv
NYC bride23 Posts: 92
Hi Ladies! We're getting married in New York in November!!! We went to NYC in December to meet everyone and book everything so we're really excited! We have 50 guests attending and we're getting married in Central Park and then to a reception in Chelsea. We booked our civil ceremony with Carol in fabnycwedding.com - she is just fantastic! Carol was great for giving advice and recommendations and has suggested a fab little chapel just incase it rains on the day. Carol is looking after our flowers too which is really good too. Our photographer is Tim from Timecut Photography www.timecut.com - Tim is AMAZING!!!!! He is much cheaper than any photographer we looked at. He includes a free engagement session in the total cost which is a chance for both him and us to get to know each other before the big day. We looked at various different photographers and honestly we are so glad to have chosen Timecut Photography. For hair and make up I'm using Reiko Utsugi - www.makeoverwithreiko.com - Reiko comes to your hotel which suits me perfect and I was really happy with my hair and makeup trial. She was recommendated by a friend who lives in New York and is really lovely. She did the hair and makeup for one of Bruce Springsteen's music videos so if she's good enough for The Boss... :o) If you need any other info or have any questions just let me know!! PS - New York Bride 2012 I tried to reply to your PM but I dont think it worked?!?
newyorker31 Posts: 19
Hi All, We're also getting married in NY on Dec 5th 2012.It will be just the two of us.We booked with the bridal consultant ,a UK wedding planner,http://www.thebridalconsultant.co.uk/. In normal daily life we would be hugely organised people but we both work fulltime (thankfully) and we couldnt face into doing it ourselves so we decided on the planner instead.Thus far its been fab. So the nitty gritty: We're getting married in the Ladies Pavillion in Central Park at 3pm. Music by a violinist. The NY planner along with photographer will act as witnesses. Planning to stay at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan or Grand Central. Photographer,organised this week by planner : Wendy G :http://www.wendygphoto.com/ Our wedding is at 3pm so we'd like to start by taking some pics of having the hair and make up done at the hotel ,then obviously the pics at central park during and after the wedding and we really liked the Times Square pics we've seen in the dark (hence the late wedding time) Hair and Make Up:www.AmazingFaceNJ.com Wedding Cake: I came upon this by accident on a photograph on the photographers website,www.crumbs.com.They specialize in cupcakes of a range of types and sizes and they deliver.So we're planning to order a little selection of cupcakes to our hotel for the morning of the wedding. We havent managed to find a restaurant yet! i really want a nice Italian that serves a really lovely arrabiata.lol. We're thinking of booking tickets to a show that night ,althought getting married at 3pm,time may not allow.Failing that,we're planning on going for cocktails. Id really love to hear all your ideas girlies.