nice poem for bmaids?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

007 Posts: 1462
anyone give their bmaids a poem for the big day? have a sister, mother and dad one.. would like a nice friendship/thank you poem for them.. anyone any ideas or poems to share :o)ll
naughty Posts: 1144
ok well I found this one for CBM: My Maid of Honor Our friendship just gets better, through every passing year. But it really has been this one, that I hold truly dear. In helping with my wedding, and knowing you will be, sharing in this day, by standing up for me. You've taken something special, and added from your heart, all the things that made us friends, right from the very start. And though our lives are changing, our friendship will stay true. This my heart will count on, as my life begins anew. Thank you for being such a wonderful part of my life.
007 Posts: 1462
oohh lovely.. i have goosebumps.. anymore ladies??
ok maybe this one: Without You ...? Preparing for this wedding, there’s been so much to do, how could I have ever done it without you? You’ve helped with big decisions and all the small details, and gave a shoulder I could lean on when all else would fail. Soon the day will be here and as I walk the aisle, I’ll see you with your flowers and you’ll see my special smile… A smile that shares my deepest thanks for everything you’ve done, and sees you in my future for all our years to come. Thank you for everything... you are the best!
maidmarian Posts: 280
awww thats lovely, do you mind if i steal it & use it for my bm's? :-8 anyone got one i can you for my sister, she's my cbm & i know she'd love something like this.
maidmarian Posts: 280
just seen th 2nd one, feeling quite emotional now.......
I am taking these off the web: Not all my own work you understand, but have been looking for poems for my own speech so kind of getting familiar with it all...
WonderWol Posts: 2927
I used this for my sister (my CBM as well) You've been a part of me, Through all my growing years, You've been there for the happy times, And wiped away my tears! And now that I'm all grown up, About to be a bride, I couldn't have made it to this point, without you by my side. From the time when we were children, it seemed I always knew, One day when I grew older, I'd become a friend to you. We've shared so much as children, The tears, the joys the pain, A lifetime spent together, Those memories remain In times gone by we've pondered, the paths our lives have taken, Knowing that in spite of this, our sister love unshaken I'm so glad that you're in my life and sharing in this day, I want us to maintain our ties in each and every way Although we are quite different, quite often I don't show, Just how much I really love you, More than you will ever know!
oh I love that one Wonderwol!! *edited to correct spelling of WonderWol!
where is my ticker thingy gone?? :o(