:o( Feel Naked

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wannabamama Posts: 481
Well girls im finally going to have to accept that I am well and truly pregnant now. Took my rings off last night for the obligatory bump massage with stretch mark cream went to put my rings back on and they wouldn’t go. Tried again this morning, they just won’t go back on. I feel lost and naked without them. I guess I better leave them off now, I’ve read of people having to have them cut off and I don’t want that :eek I hope its just fluid :-8
NewGirl Posts: 1143
I took mine off around the 30 week mark & still dont fit - babs nearly 13weeks :eek ... get yourself a nice dress ring you wont feel as naked. I couldnt find a nice one I liked, I found a class one but it actually looked better than my own eng ring so I didnt buy it incase I got too used to the bling & wouldnt go back to my own rings IYKWIM :o0 .... Must start looking for my eternity ring :o0
swissgirl Posts: 2301
[quote="Wannabamama":1kgd5qcn]Well girls im finally going to have to accept that I am well and truly pregnant now. Took my rings off last night for the obligatory bump massage with stretch mark cream went to put my rings back on and they wouldn’t go. Tried again this morning, they just won’t go back on. I feel lost and naked without them. I guess I better leave them off now, I’ve read of people having to have them cut off and I don’t want that :eek I hope its just fluid :-8[/quote:1kgd5qcn] Know how you feel Wannabamama, Im gigantic and cant believe Im only 7 months. Please God we'll be back to our normal selves in a couple of months. x sg
roxychick Posts: 1802
Don't have that problem yet but heard of other people buying cheap wedding rings so that they wouldn't feel so bare
Wannabamama Posts: 481
Thanks Girls, im glad im not alone, i might buy a cheap one especially as it may be a number of weeks after before fingers return to normal.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
I had to take mine off when 20 weeks pg with DD. That was July 2006, and they still haven't gone back on :o( :o( I had a lot of fluid retention and assumed they'd fit again after the birth but while the swelling went down, my fingers stayed a size bigger. I kept putting off getting them resized, saying maybe they'll fit in a few weeks. Eventually we were ttc again, so at that stage I thought there was no point in having rings resized til after this little one arrives. DH bought me a dress ring to use as a wedding ring and I've been wearing this for ages now. No-one notices the difference and I feel less 'naked' :o0
delgirl Posts: 1706
I have been quite fortunate that my rings have fitted perfectly right the way through. Eventually gave in and took them off last week on the advice of my midwife as she said in case I swelled suddenly they would have to cut them off. So far no swelling but hopefully I will have them back on in a few short weeks when babs arrives.
NotHere Posts: 10273
Mine had to come off a couple of months before babs came, and then took another couple of months to go back on after she was born. My problem now is that I often forget to wear them because I was so long without them :o0
Sassy Posts: 2269
Mine came off about 6wks before dd was due but there is no sign of them fitting gain. Hopefully when i get around to losing a few pounds.......well more than a few, they will fit again. It is really annoying O:| I miss them. The other thing i don't like is the amount of people that look at your ring finger when they see you are pregnant or pushing a buggy >:o(