Menu

OT- recipe for non alco mulled wine?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

alton Posts: 3077
Under the circumstances I thought that this might be as good a place as any to ask this question :o0 Anyone got a good recipe? Several people have recommended Delia's recipe for drivers mulled wine but she uses Belvoir Spiced Winter Berries Cordial and I can't find it anywhere, or think what I should substitute instead.
adelz Posts: 3088
Hey I got boxes of mulled wine sachets in Dunnes and there are six in it, its all the spices needed, on it it gives a non alco version. Which was cranberry juice, fruit and two of these sachets and warm through. I love my mulled wine so I def would be interested in hearing any other suggestions :wv
MrsGPants Posts: 835
Ooh totally interested in this too, cause i :lvs mulled wine. Will really miss it this christmas. I did a bit of googling and here are some recipes i found: Non-Alco Mulled Wine - a carton of red grape juice (Tesco own brand do this), 2 table spoons of brown sugar, a mug of orange juice, a handful of cinnamon cloves, dried orange slices and dried orange peel, 1 cinnamon stick-u can also add ginger and nutmeg to taste (or just buy a packet of mulling spices) Mulled cranberry juice - 500ml cranberry juice, 300ml orange juice, 300ml water, the juice from half a lemon, the Christmassy spices as per usual (e.g. a large pinch of allspice, 4 whole cloves, 1 cinnamon stick), a few slices of lemon and orange Add all the ingredients to a pan, slowly bring to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the flavours. Get a slotted spoon, remove the spices, serve. Also apparently Marks & Sparks sell bottles of non-alcholic mulled wine.
Dollydel Posts: 1726
Marks have two bottle of Non-alcoholic mulled wine for €4.50
ludy Posts: 94
I've made this before, just buy a bottle of non alcoholic red wine and make it as normal, tastes (almost!) as nice!!
leopardess Posts: 906
[quote="Dollydel":1b9ye30f]Marks have two bottle of Non-alcoholic mulled wine for €4.50[/quote:1b9ye30f] thats great value [quote="ludy":1b9ye30f]I've made this before, just buy a bottle of non alcoholic red wine and make it as normal, tastes (almost!) as nice!![/quote:1b9ye30f] this is what i was planning to do but i might check out the M&S one now...
John Walsh Guitar
Thats all super thanks all, its great to get some ingredients for them. Thanks a mill :wv
starbar10 Posts: 991
I love mulled wine! and it is something I am really missing this Christmas. Marks and Sparks have a great Non alcoholic version thats 2 bottles for €4.50 Its soo yummy and I'm not missing the alcoholic version too much ;)
O Im def going to try and get somebody to get me some of this if they are around m & s! Thanks all.
starbar10 Posts: 991
Its lovely! Its all spiced up and yummy! I actually made a pint of it after I posted. Although I noticed that the wine bottles have now been replace by just as many nonalcoholic ones and I was trying to be good. Sure its only fruit juic I guess :o0 :o0