Menu

Pale blue shoes?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger nut Posts: 5989
Following on from Moon Desert's post about wearing sandals on her wedding day I am thinking of wearing a pair of very pale blue shoes (a pale duck egg blue - possibly not even a blue as that). I have small feet and HATE shoe shopping (although I love shoes - just so hard to find any that fit) so this would save a job as well as covering my "something blue" for the day What do people think??
Frankie Posts: 1571
Would it go with your dress? I'd try the sandals on with your dress and see can they work together. There is nothing that says your shoes and your dress have to match. I've seen red shoes paired with a white dress and they looked fab. My own shoes are a cappucino colour and my dress is ivory, but it still works well together. There are no rules for your wedding attire other than be comfortable & look fab!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
anyone else got any views on the blue shoes??
sunnyday08 Posts: 59
I think blue shoes would be lovely. Something a bit different from the norm. What colour is dress?
AislinnS Posts: 1253
Depends on the dress entirely, I think, and what other accessories and colours you're going with. I have seen blue shoes with an ivory dress before, and tbh it looked incredibly bad. Perhaps if they didn't clash so badly with the red BM dresses it wouldn't have been so bad. Ivory and blue can be great together though, depending on the shade. What colour are you going for with your bm dresses and flowers?