Parkview Hotel in Newtownmountkennedy anyone?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

B2B1982 Posts: 8
Hi Everyone Anyone been to a wedding at the Parkview hotel in Newtownmountkennedy in Co Wicklow? Thinking of booking my wedding there and wanted to know what others thought of it! Where there photo opportunities there? Whats the reception room and food like? Thanks!!
Chrissy_Bear Posts: 4
you should check out their web site or go see it... its on the main st of newtown as far as i know and theres a small area with a river outside. i hear its quite nice and the food decent enough. never been there myself so couldnt recommend it.
2bmrsc Posts: 81
Hi,The Parkview Hotel Is Beautiful and Already Two Of My Friends Are Having Their Reception There,One This October And Another In April,And We Are Strongly Considering It Too,The only thing is that the backdrop fairylights are extra to the price and the pints are meant to be a little pricey,But Semes To Be A Great Place,My friends sister is getting married there next saturday so I can Post Again And let you know how they get on?A Very Popular Hotel It Seems..hope that helps. :)
Oh And Theres A Wedding Fiar There In September(think its the 3rd)
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I have been to a wedding there. Room is gorgeous and they have lovely grounds, I remember the couple went off somewhere else though for pictures. She said it gave her more choice in backdrops. The only thing I wasn't mad about was the size of the room, it's fine for big numbers but this wedding I went to was 95 people and we were a bit lost in it.
Hi Brown2Be,[quote="brown2be":22hd9x0o]I remember the couple went off somewhere else though for pictures. She said it gave her more choice in backdrops[/quote:22hd9x0o]I agree there,in a few photos ive seen theres a lot of pics withDunn*s Stor*s in the back ground nd it kinda takees it away from the day and the hotel,Got a brochure from the hotel today and they do a great all inclusive package at the weekends,,,a bit to think about,,but price is nearly sealed it for us.
Snuffy Posts: 1492
We are almost certain were gonna book here. Places for photos was one thing we looked into after we first went to view it. You've got the garden exhibition centre 3 mins one way and mount usher gardens 10 mins the other way. Were planning a civil ceremony so obviously won't have the opportunity to stop en route from church to hotel for pics so wanted to find options close by.just as something else for us to bear in mind.
dublinwicklowbride Posts: 9
[quote="Snuffy":313vmbbj]You've got the garden exhibition centre 3 mins one way and mount usher gardens 10 mins the other way. [/quote:313vmbbj] Sorry for taking this off topic, but Snuffy, can you please let me know where you are planning on having your photos done? I am getting married in the Parkview in March and I am worried about getting nice photos! Thanks very much for your help :)
annie manny Posts: 239
very nearly booked there but the manager wasnt prepared to budge or haggle on anything put me off in the end as she was v uncompromising. loved the venue though room is gorgeous nd bbq sounded fun ann
cats25 Posts: 38
Hey Girls, I got married in the Parkview in April last year and i cant speak highly enough about the hotel!! They helped make my day run so smoothly. I brought in my own linen and chairs and they dressed the room for me exactly how i wanted. The food was amazing, everyone at my wedding was talking about the food!! And the room is gorgeous! Oh and i got my pictures taken in Kilquade Gardens, its about 5 minutes from the hotel. You have to pay a 50euro donation on your way in but you can bring as many people as you want and stay for as long as you want! If anyone has any questions about it, let me know id be happy to help!! Cats